CBT Nuggets...

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kraven, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Hey Guys, has anyone had experience with or used CBT nuggets http://www.cbtnuggets.com/ alone to pass an exam? I was browsing through the A+ and Network+ and they seem quite good. They are cheaper than doing a course as well.

Thanks
    Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I havent and I dunno anyone that has. I did use cbt nuggets for a+ and n+ and they help alot because after you finish reading up on the topic and watch the videos its makes more sense as in you actualy see the guy drawing it out for you.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Do you think it would be possible to pass just with watching the videos?

Thanks
    Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

you know to be honest it does help a lot but the videos dont always explain the detail that is presented on the exam, this I know for sure. So in my opinion it would pretty difficult to pass the exam.

One way of testing is watch a few vids and test your self with trancenders, etc and see if the videos actualy make you understand the content. Anyways good luck with that, let us know if you need more help bro.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

CBT Nuggets is a good chunk of how I'm an MCSE. However, you can't pass with this alone. For almost every exam, I usually had at least one giant book, and it's associated Exam Cram (2). Oh, and don't forget the most important part: building and destroying your own labs.

Are they good? Absolutely. Are they a great substitute for class training? Absolutely. Is it all I need? Absolutely *not*.

I can't recommend them enough, though, and even wrote Dan (owner) an email that's in the Testimony section. Good piece of kit ;)

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE