CBT Companies

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by crazy horse, Aug 28, 2010.

1. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi All,

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend. It’s coming to that time of year where training for the next financial year is being discussed.

I was going to suggest purchasing a CBT license with a company as a lot of us seem to be purchasing the individual copies for what we are studying for and it might be more economical to purchase a library license. I have used CBT Nuggets and I know people who have used Train Signal. I was wondering whether there any others I may have overlooked for CBT training or any that you would recommend?

Thanks,
    Crazy Horse

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

In all honesty those are about the best out there, Learnkey used to be good but really I haven't heard much about them in years. There are also the likes of Winstructor but they are somewhat limited in their offering.

It also depends on what kind of training you are after because you also have http://www.vtc.com/ who are quite large and have a huge catelog on offer.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Ok - great thanks SimonD - I will take a look at VTC and Winstructor before I take a proposal over to my line manager.

Thanks,
    Crazy Horse

4. Goukha

Goukha New Member

CBT Nuggets are great, Train signal can be very dry and will put people to sleep (well me anyway) ha