Case Studies ?

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by daibeer, Apr 18, 2007.

1. daibeer

daibeer New Member

I know this is a thicky request but, can anyone send me an acceptable Case Study who is with Skills Train. I am on CIW and now on Section 1 part B. I am worried that all my case studies are not what they require. I dont want or need answers. I need a good Case Study so I can see the format of them. Any on the net I can look at ? If this is a bit of a daft request, humour me.
    Cheers

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

How do you think a case study should be formed?

3. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

I'm doing the website design manager CIW with skills Train, But have no idea what you mean when you say "case study". I'm on Section 3 Part A. As far as i know, SlillsTrain don't use case studies. Do you mean "tutor marked assignments" ?

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  4. daibeer

daibeer New Member

Hi stu,
    I'm on Section 1 Part B looking at Introduction to Web Site Development. There is a Case Study, Application Project but no TMA on this one. In section A, there were Case Studies in all chapters but I couldnt get my head around exactly what they were after. The trouble is that I like Black and white, I dont like grey areas. If a Case Study has a specific layout, style or format, then I need to see one so I can use the same formula. I have tried my own Case Study with Titles, which are

TASK(what is required) (looking for new server platform)
    Factors affecting the task(what OS in use, developers experience, hardware in use etc)
    Factors for and against different platforms, Apache,MIIS etc.
    Outcome
    On the right track? Havnt got a clue.
    I hope this sort of makes sense.
    regards
    Dai

5. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

This is obviously the new V5 manual that, unfortunately, i have not done. I do have to repeat all of part 1 again though as i only have the V4. However, i will not be looking at section 1 untill i have finished the rest of the course, so i will follow this thread with interest. Sorry I cant help and hope someone comes along who can.

You could always try to ring the tutors at skills Train. Dont bother using the webmail though, The answers you get from it are unhelpful to say the least (in my opinion and experience: 2.5 years of it)

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  6. Belmont

Belmont Bit Poster

Dai,

case studies and application projects are like school essays. Compose them in Notepad, nothing special. You don't need to submit them anyway, and I don't think they will ever ask us to do so.

Certifications: none related
    WIP: Master CIW Web Site Manager
  7. daibeer

daibeer New Member

\if they ever do want them, I'll be burning the midnight oil.
    regards
    Dai