Casablanca remake with Madonna?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Mar 31, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It just keep getting worse and worse. Casablanca, starring Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman and Paul Henreid (1942) is the poster child for all classic films anywhere. It doesn't *need* to be remade and the idea of Madonna playing Bergman's role as Ilsa, Rick's long lost romance and the point in the film's love triangle, is sheer insanity. I don't think Madonna can sing, let alone act, and to compare her to Bergman is like comparing a paper airplane to the Space Shuttle.

Sadly, here's the link: http://buzzsugar.com/1513283

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Ya know I own the movie, and ive attempted to watch it several times, and every time I fall asleep during the movie. Every blasted time!

Irregardless, I agree with you, I dont think a classic movie like that needs a remake, and especially not with madonna in it! Thats like just recently, them redoing young frankenstein and putting that dreadful meagan mullaly in it! YUCK!

How dare they touch such a good mel brooks film. If they remake blazing saddles im going to be so ticked!:twisted:

WIP: N+, A+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

ew. :unsure

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!