career path

Discussion in 'A+' started by billo2310, Jun 10, 2008.

1. billo2310

billo2310 New Member

Hi i am studying to attain A+ then i will concentrate on N+ and then thinking about doing the whole MS certified route just wondering if anyone could give me any advice/opinions on the MS cert track as i know there are several directions to take and i would appreciate the input!

WIP: studying towards A+ (601 + 602)
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Bill, you're on the right track with starting with the A+ and then moving onto the N+ cert. Do you have any real life work experiences in a work environment?

The reason am asking is that the certs you are studying for now are more than adequate and without experience it would be of almost no benefit just having certs only.

Well the MCDST would be a good cert to look at when you're done with the A+ and N+ certs. Best wishes and keep on keeping on:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The MCDST, for the win! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. billo2310

billo2310 New Member

No i have no previous experience other than a geeky obsession (of which i'm very proud) with getting to know the ins and outs of all things computer! but also thinking of volunteering at a local computer shop to get some real world experience and volunteering my services for free to all my friends and family then once certified i will step onto the ladder proper. cheers for all your help!

WIP: studying towards A+ (601 + 602)
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Certification doesn't guarantee you a job, nor is certification required to get an entry-level IT job... it just makes you look more attractive to employees.

With that in mind, why wait? Start your search now. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. After all, if you look, you just might get a job; if you don't look, you are certain to not find a job... and you could be missing out on valuable experience that you could be acquiring if you were to get employed NOW.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!