Career jobs uk

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by stereoridden, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

THis is the new member intro forum. If this conversation is to carry on, please post in the appropriate forum.

Thank you

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. It Nathan

It Nathan New Member

Dear Admin

The reason I posted here is I found this thread via google search, if you could move it or merge it to the correct place that would be great, otherwise Im a little lost to find it.

UPDATE:

I had a call back from a woman this time, slightly more professional sounding than the last guy, but she was fronting it all the same, she just blurted out its about the refund? we funded the money back to you sons card he should get it within 3-4 working days, That was it no thing else like she just wanted to get off, so Im waiting to see if that money goes in.

Further more I had a bunch of IT professionals look at the site and what they are offering, all agreed that it stunk of a scam to them, the website was not professional. Basically it didn't add up what they were selling is a little odd.

3. AJ

Try in the training and development forum and you can like to this one from there.

4. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

these lot have rung me tonight, give it the all the talk but i said how much is this going to cost and he said nothing its all funded for, i pay for it all cos i get paid for training you and for filling vancancys said he gonna call back on monday ill swerve that one!
    cheers guys

Remember if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I'm taking bets on how long it takes one of the muppets from this lot to either post up here wringing their hands and saying how unfair all this criticism is, and that they only want to help people, and waaah waaah waaah, or get some shills/fake users to join up saying how great all their training is.

Anyone want to go long (i.e. more than a week)?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I will go for 9 days :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. AJ

IT Nathan has started a new thread HERE

Again I shall say this is the New Members Forum. Any other post relating to the previous posts other than welcoming a new member will be removed without warning.

Thank you

8. theguy

theguy New Member

Many thanks for this forum thread. The internet is a good thing. I was naive enough (and maybe a little pressured) into agreeing to the contract on phone, but regret it soon enough after I did some research on the qualifications offered and alternative ways of studying for them.

When I googled "Career Jobs UK" and found this, I got even angrier at them. I sent my request for cancellation in e-mail at first. They got it and acknowledged it, but still told me to mail it by post if I wanted them to cancel it, which is kind of a weird attitude from a legit company. I mean if they know I want to cancel the contract and I'm allowed to do so by law, why would they also want it in writing? The whole contract was created on the phone, not in writing. Obviously, many people will forget to send it in time and so they have to pay close to ~1000 pounds by the end of the year.

So today, I posted my cancellation request to them by registered mail, and sent the following complaint to the Office of Fair Trading:

While googling them, I also found out about another company which happens to be in the same city (Surrey) - their website is "CareersAndJobsUK.com". I do not think the resemblance and the city is a coincidence (the real one was created in 2007, the one that almost took me for 79 pounds / month for selling third party service was created in 2009). My gut feeling is they just used an already existing company's name from the same city.

I decided to send a copy of the complaint to them as well, maybe they're unaware of the fact that Direct Junction is using their name (kinda) to screw people over.

My advice: avoid "Career Jobs UK" and "Direct Junction Limited" at all costs.

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Surrey is not a city, it is a county :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. thracian

thracian New Member

I was called by career jobs uk on Tuesday and a "senior consultant" was on the phone asking me if I was still interested in the position I had applied for and wanted to talk about it. It all sounded good and he wanted me in for an interview after five minutes on the phone which was great. he arranged an online interview and set it for yesterday at 3pm, no problems there until yesterday I had a strange feeling come over me about it as it sounded too good to be true and and things like that usually are as he said that full training would be provided by the company and the cost was all on them. I called the consultant back to put off the interview so I could do some digging and another "senior consultant" answered the phone and when asking to speak to the previous person I had contact with, he stuttered and stumbled and then tried to redeem himself and said that the guy was out for the day which really got me going as he said I had an interview with him in the afternoon! I told the chap that I could not make the timing and he then said to me that he would conduct the interview and this really got me going as he did not even know my name at this point! I just agreed with him to take it, hung up and then started digging when I found this forum. Now knowing that they are a bunch of cowboys I have told them to get stuffed, and even telling me that all the training for high end IT jobs was provided for on them! and telling others it was £79 a month! I was a bit of a mug! Thanks guys for the tip off!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  11. CautiousChap

CautiousChap New Member

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum. I came here via Googling for further info on Career Jobs UK.

Basically I signed up last month. I had applied for so many jobs I presumed that they had harvested my details from one of the jobs sites such as CharityJobs, REED, JobSite and so forth, or that they'd put up a phising ad to obtain people potentially interested in training courses, ie these are not uncommon occurrences.

So far I've been happy enough. The online training courses are actually by MindLeaders, which are pretty good. You can price them at some around $119 each on the ThirdForce/MindLeaders/LearnVantage sites but the UK price works out a little dearer, eg for the MCTS and MCITP modules I'm following I reckon it'd still be reasonable value.

My worry is that everything was sold as a 6 month course but the paperwork suggests 12 months. (The sales pitch referenced 12 months as being an option, not an integral part of the price plan). So far I've only made one payment but the next one will be due soon.

I'm in two minds. Firstly, they've sold on a legit training course (MindLeaders couldn't be so imbecilic to not know that I was accessing their courses via the CareerJobs windowdressing frame) and secondly I haven't found anything immediately objectionable in my dealings with them to date. But the 12 months was a nagging doubt at the back of my mind, hence a Google and an arrival at this discussion.

WIP: MCTS, MCITP, BSc in Computing
  12. crabsy

crabsy Bit Poster

Trust me you can cancel you direct debit and they will not do a thing about it, they will not chase you for payment through a solicitors for £80 a month its not worth it to them,

CANCEL YOUR DD'S AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS I PROMISE YOU NOW YOU WILL NOT BE SUED

Certifications: none
    WIP: mcpd
  13. crabsy

crabsy Bit Poster

This company is run by the same people that run computrain UK I had issues with computrain Uk and the fact they wanted to charge me bundles of money for an old certifications which was out of date,

I was speaking to a guy called steve, and he told me his boss was Barry Mcgregor, and my corespondance was from a Sandra Slack, this cannot be a coincidence
    CAREER JOBS UK ARE PHEONIX COMPANY OF COMPUTRAIN UK. i am sure of it
    check them out on this forum
    http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread22483.html

Its an old scam being repeated by the same people beware

Certifications: none
    WIP: mcpd
  14. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Hey matey and welcome!

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  15. AJ

I warned you all that this is a new members welcome forum not for training providers.

Thread Closed