Career jobs uk

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by stereoridden, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmysals

jimmysals New Member

nearly one month in,any ideas?

2. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

I would be guessing that there will be a hefty charge for cancelling as you are out of your 7 day period.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Bad news - most likely you don't. The contract will be legally binding, there is very little you can do. You could try to prove you were mis-sold, but they will always be able to 'prove' you weren't. Simply withholding payment won't work because you'll end up with bailiffs getting involved and the cost will go up. Get as much out of it as you possibly can, then chalk it up to experience and move on with your life.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

how much do these guys charge per month and for how long?

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  5. jimmysals

jimmysals New Member

79 quid a month for as long as it takes with £88 charge per exam which needs to be travelled to and there 5 or 6 of those!

6. jimmysals

jimmysals New Member

possible to complete in 6 - 8 months

7. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

There must be a maximum period or you could be paying that for the rest of your life. Also if thee is 5 or 6 exams it is possible you will be coming into the IT market over qaulified and find it difficult to get a job.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  8. jimmysals

jimmysals New Member

Sorry its a year course possible to finish within 7 months!

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, as always, it depends on the circumstances.

If you've signed up for something and then decided that you just don't want it any more, then you're in for a rough ride. As it stands, you're under contract and if you stop paying then you are in default - and they have the right to come after you for the money.

That's a gamble that you may like to take - although I'm not advising it. It all depends on how hot they are on chasing lost money. By rights they could take you to a small claims court, and if they win you could end up paying out - but generally you won't end up paying more than you are going to anyway (except possibly some odd expenses). They may use a debt recovery agency, and you run the risk of ending up with a black mark on your credit rating. On the plus side, they may do nothing. Debt recovery is time consuming and costs money - they may not bother, especially if they have loads of students refusing to pay.

The best way out of it is to prove that they have in some way lied to you or broken their side of the agreement, in which case you could take them to court for your money back and cancellation of the contract.

Again, it's a gamble. You would have to make sure that you had a decent case that made you look like an innocent scammed victim - unfortunately just signing up for something you didn't really want and then not doing it isn't good enough.

But as I say, it all depends on circumstances - what you were told, what happened, why it hasn't worked out etc. You'll need to do some serious letter writing, and it does help if you have records of what happened and when.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  10. itsme

itsme New Member

I'm sooo pleased I stumbled across these posts. I got my phone call earlier today. They are ringing me tomorrow for my "on-line interview". Gutted I didn't even know it was for training courses I thought I was applying for a job. What a fool. But never mind I've sent them an e-mail if they still ring I'm sure I'll have the last laugh. Thanks again think I'll stick to my factory jobs

11. HCD

HCD New Member

Just had my interview today and have had the same conversation as everyone else, i have never been so glad that my road tax and MOT were at the same time (meaning i couldn't pay).

Personally i thought i was actually applying for a job in my area which is what the add on the jobsite (Totaljobs.co.uk) seemed to imply. The next day i got the same phone call that everyone else did and the limited conversation about why i wanted to be in IT (just curious, how many people got offered training as a Network Engineer?) Then i got the email with the interview time and he was bang on time, literally 12:30 and it wasn't really an interview as some others have mentioned it seemed like a sales pitch. So we go through the slideshow and he talks me through it with what sounds like a riot going on in the background and then we get to the fees and how their way of doing it is so much cheaper (i had a sneaking suspision this would be coming up) and he makes it sound easy and that they won't be chasing me for payments.

Anyway he keeps making sure i prove i want this career and then he says he will have to check with his manager or whoever was supposed to be listening in(which while im sure it can be done sounds a bit hockey...i even jumped ahead at the start while he was still "preparing" me and he didn't mention it) which he says will take 3 minutes which surprised me, i thought it would be a few hours at the least and a couple of days or even a week at the most (or never as seems to be most companies way of saying "we don't want you") Anyway to cut this story short i used those 3 minutes to Google "Careerjobsuk scams" and it brought me here which me and my bank account will forever be gratefull for. So he comes back with a yes which he was really happy about and he then asks if i can agree to the 10 -12 hours a week and then comes the part where he says i will be trained by..dun dun dun! Barry McGregor and the Head Admin is, you guessed it Sally Slack. Now comes the money which he asks if he can get the details, which i reply no as i have no money at the moment as i have had to pay out for Tax and an MOT which doesn't seem to bother him and that he has only 1 place and some other interviews to do but will hold the place and call me back by the end of the week. I bet my non-exsistent £79 i get a call before Friday saying they still want me. Any takers on that bet?

Thank you Certforums you saved me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
  12. Willow92

Willow92 New Member

I got a call last Thursday from a Sean Thomas about this and they wanted me to have an online interview. I said I was only free Monday (yesterday) as that would be the first opportunity for me to get on a computer. The interview was at 10 so I got up early on my last day off before going back to college (a real effort for me xD). Noone rang me so at 11 I rang them to ask if the interview was still going ahead. I spoke to a complete idiot, they got loads of names wrong, I said Sean Thomas and he heard Sean Palmer (HOW?!). Sean rang back 5 minutes later saying that the course was really popular and everyone was ringing up, I didn't really believe this but I went along with it. He basically tried to sell the idea to me, I was offered MCITP and MCDBA. After an hour on the phone I was pretty much sold the idea until it came to prices... Firstly, he kept saying the course was funded and he didn't mention anything about paying and neither did the website so I assumed it was free. Apparently if I did 8 hours a week I could complete the training in 5 months and it would be £79 a month (works out at around £400). I stared at the presentation with my jaw on the floor. How come it took an hour to come to the price? They did the whole "I'm just checking with the people who are monitoring this call that they want to accept you on to this course" so I waited. He asked again if I was up to it and I said yes just to see what they would do then. They asked for my card details straight away so I ended up making up some excuse about speaking to my mum about it first. They said they'd give me 24 hours but no longer as the course was apparently so popular. Today I kept my phone off so I didn't have to speak to them. They rang four flippin' times. I'm glad I didn't go ahead with it.

13. keepdri deltaopp

keepdri deltaopp New Member

Date 24th February 2011

Hi Paul,

Here are your login details for the first part of training:

http://www.careerjobsuk.com/login (please add to your favourites)

Login name: CXCXCX
    Password: XCXCXCXC

Click on the heading View All Learning Resources. Word 2007 has been loaded for you and there are 6 modules that need to be completed.

Please email me when this is complete.

......... Good Luck !!

p.s If you have a blank screen when you log in, please enable popups. Works best with Internet Explorer.

From today you will have one year to complete the training.

Below is a breakdown of the MCTS for you, as well as a Study Guide attached to help you plan your time, our Money Back Guarantee and Terms and Conditions.

IT Fundamentals- No Exam
    Covering:
    Word 2007
    Excel 2007
    PowerPoint 2007
    Access 2007

Comp TIA A+
    CompTIA A+ 2009 Essentials (220-701)
    CompTIA A+ 2009 Practical Application (220-702)

MCITP
    Windows 7 Configuration MCTS 70-680 (Exam Required)
    Windows Server 2008 Active Directory MCTS 70-640 (Exam Required)
    Windows Server 2008 Networking MCTS 70-642 (Exam Required)
    Windows Server 2008 Applications MCTS 70-643 (Exam Required)
    Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 MCTS 70-236
    Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Admin MCITP 70-647 (Exam Required)

Plus live labs.

Therefore to begin please start with Word 2007. There are 6 sections to word. When you have it complete please email me to confirm
    Let me know if you have any problems.

All the best and Good Luck!

Faye Adcock
    Senior Consultant
    Career Jobs UK

[email protected]
    Tel: 020 3 253 0108
    Fax: 020 8622 0028

The following attachment is copyright of Career Jobs UK. All rights reserved.

Registered Office: The Lansdowne Building, 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, CR9 2ER. Career Jobs UK is a trading name of Direct Junction Limited. Registered in England and Wales: 06966135

First letter

Your item with reference 1234323232345 was delivered from our CROYDON Delivery Office on 25/02/11 .
    Thank you
    Printed Name: LANSDOWN BUILDING
    Signature Time: 7:22:00GMT 25/02/11

Letter sent waited till they got it and asked for my refund

Sent: 28 February 2011 19:04
    To: Faye Adcock
    Subject: RE: program

Hi

Could you please let me know when you will be refunding my £79.00

Thank you

There reply

Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:00:04 +0000
    Hi Paul,

When did you send your recorded delivery letter as per our terms and conditions?

Nothing has been received.

Samantha Slack
    Senior Consultant
    Career Jobs UK
    [email protected]
    Tel: 020 8655 4847
    Sent another letter

LETTER TWO

Your item with reference 12343434354 was delivered from our CROYDON Delivery Office on 02/03/11 .
    Printed Name: LANS
    Signature Time: 10:29:00GMT 02/03/11

Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:47:43 +0000
    Hi Paul,

Thank you for your email confirmations.

Unfortunately the Royal Mail track service is down and we cannot check the parcel number.

As soon as we get this confirmed we will let you know.

Samantha Slack
    Senior Consultant
    Career Jobs UK
    [email protected]
    Tel: 020 8655 4847

Still no refund

14. keepdri deltaopp

keepdri deltaopp New Member

I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END I GOT REFUNDED IN THE END

WOW AT LAST lol

:p

cautious chick likes this.
  15. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

So, did you get a refund or what?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
    cautious chick likes this.
  16. It Nathan

It Nathan New Member

Im going to write about what happened to my son with this company, and I came across this thread whilst researching this far from reputable company.

My son is 20 and unemployed on jobseekers, and has been desperate for work, so when he saw an advert in the local paper saying 'train to be a web designer' he was attracted to it and he sent his cv to careerjobsuk.com.

Day or so later they call him back and and give him the patter over the phone exactly the same as what I have read in these threads here, about trying to get him on the course, and his suitability etc, and they arrange an interview for the next day online.

He was not told about fees in the conversation, but began to realise that was probably going to come, then during the interview he was given the same presentation as mentioned in these threads, and when told £79 he advised the guy Adam that he cant afford that as he is on jobseekers, to which Adam says ok £50 , my son advised him he cant afford that either, the most he could possible afford was £30 , this Adam takes his bank details to secure a place on the course and tells my son that he will check with his manger if they can accept £30 and get back to him....so at this point NOTHING IS AGREED.

Next thing my son knows 2 days later he gets a letter saying he has signed up to this course, he then checks his bank, and they have take £79!!!! so he calls the immediately within the 7 days to cancel, at first he is told by a guy called sam that he will have to put it in writing and post it, my son says why so when he never agreed to anything in the first place, he is told by Sam that he will go and check with his manger and call him back....guess what no one calls back.

As they've just robbed him of £79 he has NO CREDIT to keep calling them , and he feels rather embarrassed that he has been had, he told me over the weekend what happened so I have stepped in to try to get this money back and stop them from targetting vunerable young ppl who are unemployed on jobseekers desperate for work :eek:

This mis sale took place on 28th Jan, and he called within the 7 days after that, ok fair enough its now beginning of march 3 weeks later from the last point of contact trying to cancel, but nether the less its a mis sell so shouldnt make to much difference.

So today I called this place, I am from a managerial call centre sales back ground of the last 9 years so I am FULLY aware of how things work within some companies. I was told I was speaking to Keith whom I doubt HIGHLY that his real name, he refused to give any second name, and he claimed he was the manager for that floor, he speaks like a south London gangster, constantly adding yeh, after every 4 lettered sentence he utters.

During our conversation he claimed that they never ever lower the price its £79 I told him sternly that this is not the case as I have read online that this is their regular sales patter they do to everyone who doesnt have that much money to pay so don't try that with me, he conceded and said ok and agreed that happened...hence he is a LIAR.

I asked if the calls were recorded there, he claimed they were, so I said well all you need to do is pull the recording and listen to the call and you will hear for yourself I also want a copy of the call please.
    He said he wanted to speak to Adam first...I said easy thing is just listen to the call, he got quite shirty with me when I questioned their selling methods, for instance I asked what was their verification process , he refused point blank to answer, normally when a company sells over a phone there is a verification process in place to sotp mis selling so another person normally comes on the phone to verify the the buyer understand what they are entering into....this just doesnt happen with them.

So Im waiting for Keith to call me back today by 3pm with a copy of the call recording...I just do not have high hopes on it , but I can tell you this, I wont stop till they give that money back and think twice before doing this to any other poor soul!.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  17. It Nathan

It Nathan New Member

Here is a copy of the Email he got regarding an interview with them, everything about it is misleading, no mention of fees. Heavily funded ? I'd bet thats all talk, it makes it sounds free. And we all know by now they take ANYONE on this course who will give them money.

Hi Nathan,
    Thank you for our telephone conversation today. Please view all details of how we can help you gain entry into the lucrative world of IT.
    As discussed during our conversation I would like to confirm that you have been selected to attend an on- line interview at:
    11:30am Friday 28th January
    You will need to be by an internet enabled computer to have access to all the relevant information. The Object of the online interview is to ascertain your suitability. Our aim, should you be successful and accepted onto the programme, is to assist placing you into employment in an IT capacity e.g IT network engineer. Starting salary can vary significantly depending on age, experience, qualifications, company placement and geographical area.
    Should you be successful for inclusion onto the Employment Programme, at Career Jobs UK we aim to make the path to becoming an I.T professional as easy as possible. We'll advise you on which programme to go for and what extra training to complete - all based on what you want to gain from your future employment. We will organise every aspect of your training and heavily subsidise funding as well as helping you to secure a career that suits you.
    In the attached files and links is all the information you need to take the first step of your new career.

I look forward to speaking to you again on the date and at the time stated above.

18. cherrypop

cherrypop New Member

I had the same problem last week - same names, same tricks, same tactics, same brainwashing

Even one of the guys one the phone said to me that I had panic attack which would stop me from great opportunity for a future when I said I didn't want to take part in this training (very professional - :thumbdwn )

I found advert on totaljobs.com

Big thanks to all of you who shared they bad experience with this company

19. cherrypop

cherrypop New Member

and this is the advert
    **********************************************************************************
    Job Title: Database Administrator **No Experience Needed**
    Salary: £17,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience
    Description: There is an urgent requirement for both experienced individuals and individuals willing to develop new skills within the IT arena throughout the UK. We have access to hundreds of Jobs currently advertised.

The ideal candidates will have the following skills:

*****WITH EXPERIENCE*******

Solid commercial database administration with recent production database administration experience
    Solid commercial experience of managing multiple distributed SQL 2005/2008 RDBMS on a large scale in a high volume OLTP environment, supporting transactional replication and log shipping to maintain supporting applications. You will hold a MCITP - DBA certification.

Please contact us to be put in touch with companies throughout the UK. Contractors are required to start urgently.

Rate: £37 - 45,000 pa

****** WITHOUT EXPERIENCE *********

Our employment programme has been created due to skill shortages within the IT arena. We will prepare you for the latest qualifications. Depending on your current skill set a contribution maybe required.

If you have the ability to learn new skill, this could be your opportunity to break into the lucrative world of IT.

Rate: Up to £27,000 pa once qualified

**********************************************************************************

by mistake in one of the emails careerjobsuk.com forwarded to me email from a girl who was due to have phone interview day after me with her name and email address so I sent her email with kind warning and link to this topic - I hope she read it 8)

20. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done cherrypop for informing the girl.

Maybe you should tell everyone else if you get the chance that there is no way in hell anyone will earn 27k for their first IT job regardless of how qualified you are. I'm not being funny but people need to be realistic and realise that adverts like this are BS.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?