Cant get Voicemail to work.....I need help!!!

Discussion in 'Voice' started by xyz101, Jun 25, 2010.

1. xyz101

xyz101 New Member

Hello y'all,
    Been battling with this problem for days now and i am desperately in need of help.
    I have a small lab consisting of a 2801 series router that hosts the CME (4.2) and also a 3560 catalyst switch that my ip phones plug into. I have 3 ephones which are 7961, 7940 and 7911.
    The CME is working perfectly fine as all the phones register and can call each other using SIP. However the problem I have is with the unity express on my cme. I have configured my CUE and its up and running. The CME can reach the CUE and i have created voicemail for each phone and created the ccn voicemail application trigger for the ephones and all. The 7911 has a phone template that has a button for messages. On the 7961 and 7940 I believe this is not required as there is a message button on it. I have configured mwi and call-forward to mailbox of each number. But when i ring a number say the 7941 from the 7961 and then I ring the same number from another fone (7911), i expect the second call to be diverted to voicemail being that the line is busy but I dont get this instead I get call-waiting.

If required I can post the configuration of the CME and CUE if it would be of any help.

I kindly await your help.

Regards,

Yomi :(

Certifications: CCVP, CISS, CCNA
  2. kironline

kironline New Member

Hi xyz101,

Have you configured the call-forward triggers under ephone-dn and the voicemail option under Telephony-service?

telephony-service
    voicemail 6000

voicemail 6000

ephone-dn 4 dual-line
    number 1000
    pickup-group 1
    label kironline x1000
    name kironline
    call-forward busy 6000
    call-forward noan 6000 timeout 15
    !

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    kironline

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  3. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Have you got a dial peer pointing to the voicemail

CME(config)#dial-peer voice 1000 voip
    CME(config-dial-peer)#description voicemail
    CME(config-dial-peer)#destination-pattern 1000 (1000 being the number to dial to get to VM)
    CME(config-dial-peer)#session protocol sipv2
    CME(config-dial-peer)#session target ipv4:4.4.4.10 (This IP address being that of the service module)
    CME(config-dial-peer)#dtmf-relay sIp-notify
    CME(config-dial-peer)#codec G711ulaw
    CME(config-dial-peer)#no vad

You must also tell the CUE that 1000 is the voicemail number within the GUI and have you unshut the service-engine interface, do a "show ip int brief"

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree