cant get into next page on pc

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by tomrostron, Apr 20, 2008.

1. tomrostron

tomrostron New Member

hi, i am running win xp pro. i have booked flights with ryanair, loads of times with no probs.Last time i tried, i ticked the boxes for my destination and flight times, and a new page asked me to acept terms and conditions, and press to confirm booking. I did this, and a new page came up. Trouble is its blank. it usually gives you the form for inserting bank details etc.i havetried loads of times, but still get a blank page. please help. tom

2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Try deleting your Internet Explorer temporary files.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. tomrostron

tomrostron New Member

Thanks nightwalker, deleted temp files, but still no joy. tom

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

it could just be a problem with the companies website and nothing to do with your browser, they may have a database issue or gateway down. Try again tommorow and see what happens.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

you arent preventing cookies are you? if you are, you will likely need to add the site to your exceptions list. Sounds like a cookies issue to me - you'd be surprised the weird behaviour you get when you prevent cookies on sites.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

mmmmm cookies

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  7. tomrostron

tomrostron New Member

thanks again guys. it cant be anything to do with ryanair site, i dont think. i went to my friends and booked at her house, with no problems. how do i know if i'm preventing cookies. ryanair says it uses ssl on its site.tom

8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Try putting IE back to its default settings. You may have increased the security settings which is causing this issue.

Also can you access any other SSL sites?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. tomrostron

tomrostron New Member

thanks lads, up and running