Can someone take a look at my CV and give me some pointers - Please?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jamin100, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

Ive decided that this year its time to move on to something new. Having been in the same job for 9 years (with promotions)
    So, ive looked at others CV's and cobbled together my own.

Ive applied for a few jobs within the salary range I would like (need) which is £25k-£30k but not heard anything back. Im mainly looking at support roles. I can imagine they are inundated with applicants so want to be able to stand out from the crowd.

Ive attached my current CV - Can you guys let me know what you think?

View attachment CertForumCV.pdf

WIP: 70-680
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi, just from the point of view of a Forum Leader for the MS desktop certs:

What exactly is the "MCITP 70-680 Windows 7 Desktop Support"?

The 70-680 is an MCTS exam entitled "Wiindows 7, Configuring".
    You may well have plans to add the 70-685 and then this will become the "MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support" & "MCSA: Windows 7" but 'future' plans really shouldn't be included. Also, please remove the "which I hope to achieve soon" as, again, it's irrelevant. You can, though, put the exam date if you have it booked already.

Also, I just noticed that your 'lists' overlap, and there dosen't need to be any list of this sort within your professional experience - leave this just as a bullet-point of what your role entailed, as you have with the grammar school role (which, BTW, doesn't include your job-title).

HTH.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

Studying towards MCITP is OK. Detailing the exam is waffle that will be ignored.
    Either have sentences or bullet points, sentences followed by a couple of BPs, but not sentences, BPs then more sentences for the same job.
    "in the education sector" that is a good way to be discounted for any roles not in education. Don't point out that your experience is limited to only one business sector.
    Take out the technologies bit from your present job.
    Take out the notice period. If they want you they will wait. If they think they want someone next week they won't even look at you. Let them find out you aren't immediately available once they have decideded you are the one they want.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003