Can Anyone Please Help Me

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by stavros2012, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stavros2012

stavros2012 New Member

I came to this forum to enquire about A+. A fellow member said he'd started the course with ICS & they had accidently sent him 2 copies of the course.

I agreed to buy the spare copy for £90. The cheque came out of my bank last Thursday, 4th May. Its now May 11th & I haven't received anything.

He also won't reply to any of the messages I've sent him. I've saw he's been online regular by looking at his profile.

I don't have his address as CertForums went down.

CAn anyone please offer me any advice?

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i sent a cheque to someone here at CF, who i trust, but you have just started out and it is 90 big ones... i dont know what you can do... Have you spoken to Jakakamoko? aka Gav, one of the Big Boss's that *helps* to run the place?

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes he has CM and we are just in the initial process of discussing the matter.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. stavros2012

stavros2012 New Member

The other member said he had posted it the day I posted this new thread.
    It still hasn't came, looks like I've lost £90.
    Anyone got any ideas what I can do??
    I could post his username & everyone could ask him together!

5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I wouldn't post his username, you are best to do as you are doing now discussing it in private with the CF staff.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. hubby

hubby Banned

Er, that would be me we're discussing.

I haven't had any internet access for about a week so haven't had any messages. I received the parcel back to me a couple of days ago marked address not legible. Looks like the ink on the address had run.

I have now pm'd the buyer and asked him to pm me his address so I can repost it.

The reason I am posting this here is I have recently lost quite a bit of money on ebay so know how he must have been feeling.

I would like to publically apologise to Lee for this matter, as although the running ink wasn't my fault, I had lost his address. Obviously as soon as I receive his PM, i'll repost the item, however if anybody here feels i've acted dishonourably i'll happily leave certforums.

Again i'm really sorry Lee

Lee

WIP: A+
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Um, I'm not an expert but I'm sure you can't just sell this stuff on.
    If your training provider has made a mistake and sent you something in error, maybe you should tell them.
    I'm sure there are risks involved in turning CF into an Ebay for duplicated or unwanted course material...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Johnny's right. You have to notify the supplier of their mistake and if they haven't made an attempt to collect it after (14 days I think) the item is then legally yours. Or something like that anyway.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Lee, this transaction really has nothing to do with CertForums, as it was conducted privately and without the knowledge of other members or staff. I am sure that the issue will be closed once the goods have been received by the buyer.

You *should* notify the supplier and I am sure Lee did :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. hubby

hubby Banned

Actually I did, twice. My mistake, not theirs they said. They don't send duplicate items, apparently.

WIP: A+
  11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hubby and Lee suggest you discuss this elsewhere as already stated this is a private matter between you nothing to do with CF.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Looks like the central points of this issue are now in hand. Guys, make sure you have each others contact details - closing thread.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity