1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can A+ get you into university?

Discussion in 'A+' started by minkey, Nov 24, 2007.

1. minkey

minkey Bit Poster

I have a question

If I pass A+ would it help me get into unviersity. I really wanna go there next year or year after.
    Certifications: dove-dipolma of vocational education
    WIP: COMPTIA A+ with equals
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Don’t think it would do mate, check the requirements for the course you want to do though.
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I doubt it as it is a certification not a qualification.

But I would be suprised if an IT tutor at a further education college didnt accept it to get into a GNVQ IT course and a GNVQ IT will get you in to Uni as thats how I did it.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

What do you want to study at University?

Given the 'entry level' nature of the A+, I don't think that alone would help you get on a degree course. The A+ coupled with work experience might; my other half has been accepted on an Electrical Engineering degree based on his having an ONC and 8 years of work experience in his field.

If you want to do a degree but think you might not have the qualifications necessary, why don't you look at signing yourself up for some Open University courses?
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA