Calculator on the CCNA exam

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by carr.lisle, Apr 20, 2013.

1. carr.lisle

carr.lisle New Member

Hi

A few years back when I last did some MS exams I seem to recall that there was a button at the bottom of the screen on each question which launched the Windows calculator.

My maths isn't what it used to be and although I can calculate subnets by hand it can take me a while to work through the numbers.

The question is, do the Cisco exams (esp CCNA which I have booked for Thursday) also offer an on screen calculator or am I about to add the times tables to my list of study areas?!

Cheers
    Andrew

2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I don't remember any mention of it in the study material, and a quick Google suggests that you don't. You do, however, get a whiteboard and pen, so you should be able to work out most things on paper.

- Gav

3. skellum

skellum New Member

One you have your exam materials you can (and should) use the whiteboard tablet to prepare your conversion tables. This can be done BEFORE you start the exam, i.e., after the exam supervisor has logged you into the PC and before you start the clock ticking. While you prepare your tables just remember to move the mouse around regularly to stop the screensaver from kicking in due to inactivity.