1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calculating subnets..

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by Pseudonym, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Byte Poster

So i'm sitting my 70-680 in a few weeks time, and I've noticed quite a few of the practice questions that are coming up require subnet calculation. I got pretty lucky on my Net+ in regards to subnets, I feel, but I'd like to really be confident with them before heading into this exam. It's stuff like this that can be the difference between a pass and a fail...

So, does anybody know of any resources that explain in a simplified way of calculating subnets? I know how to translate into binary and can do it that way but my head gets into a bit of a spin looking at loads of numbers in an examination environment. So yeah, any resources that will provide a concise explanation and maybe some exercises I can work through, would be great.

2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Look on google, professer messer. He has free network + videos, which covers this subject

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Byte Poster

Thanks mate. I'll have a look. I've had a quick look at Messer's vids before but I'm really looking for something I can read, ideally.