Cabinets for a Cisco Lab

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Jonathan, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Nibble Poster

Hi

I've been building myself a cisco lab and need something to store all the equipment in as I have four routers and a switch. Has anyone got any recommendations? On EBAY i have seen this item http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=176&item=5744511605&rd=1 do you need to buy shelf as well for this ?

Thanks for any help

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP BSCI
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

that depends on your gear mate
    did your cisco kit come with the rack mount brackets? (little silver things that screw onto both sides at the front, creating an edge that you can screw into the cab to hold it in place
    other than that it looks good, except the whole 'plastic' deal, never worked with a plastic cab before
    but as your not putting much weight in it i suppose it wont be that bad
    i hope the frames steel though, really dont want all that cisco gear putting its weight on two screws that are screwed into plastic!
    i sense many a torn thread, hehe

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan Nibble Poster

thanks for the info

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Nibble Poster

didn't go with that one in the end, got this one below

You are bidding for a 19" Rackmount Cabinet 15u in grey

It is 29" Tall, 23.5" Wide and 22" Deep (74cm, 60cm, 56cm)

It has a few minor marks and no keys but otherwise in excellent condition, ready for computer rooms, pro audio or telecomms use.

It's all steel construction, with a perspex door, is very sturdy and weighs 27 Kgs!

This is a wall mount cabinet with hinges to open the main unit for easy access.

It comes with a 48 terminal 4u ethernet patchbay.

5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

damn how much was shipping on that :)
    a

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. Jonathan

Jonathan Nibble Poster

£27 quid parcel force 48 hour and it cost £45. You've got to watch out people seriously rip you of with postage on ebay when it comes to cisco stuff. Postage charge is ok when you consider most sellers ask for £15 just for a router.

7. Chris Bryant, CCIE

Chris Bryant, CCIE Bit Poster

I would consider buying a simple relay rack from eBay. That's where I keep the equipment I use for classes and rack rentals.

On occasion, putting them together is a little more of an art than a science. :twisted: But they work very well and are relatively inexpensive.

Watch the postage charges!

Chris Bryant
    CCIE #12933

Certifications: CCIE #12933, CCNP, CCNA
    WIP: CCIE Voice