C.I.W Exams

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by paul uk, Aug 27, 2005.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I'm not upset. I have just been plainly stating how I see braindumps, and it seemed to me you were justifying braindumps in your response to Jonny's post about them because you thought they were out of date exams.

You're not going to find out of date exam questions on the net. Nobody wants them. The people who want to cheat aren't going to pay for them and anyone who doesn't want to cheat isn't going to study for an out of date exam because the reason it's out of date is the objectives have changed somewhat, so you'd be wasting your time learning material that has a good chance of not be relevant. So, you can see that there really is no justification for looking for real exam questions, current or out of date.

All that said, no school in the US would ever countenance students being given old exams to study from. That would be immediately flagged as cheating here. To tell the truth I don't see why anyone would want them unless they just haven't studied. If you've paid attention in class, taken notes, and done the required reading so that you know the material why would anyone need old exams? It just doesn't make sense to me. It's got to be a British culture thing because such a practice is very "foreign" to me. :biggrin

Practice tests for certification exams are to prepare you for test formats, not give you real answers to exam questions, because the electronic exam formats can be quite confusing if you're seeing them for the first time. Microsoft and Comptia deliberately write questions that are worded very confusingly. They play misdirection a lot, so it really is imperative to know how to test because you can know the material cold and still flunk the test if you don't know how to test their way.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. Tecx

Tecx Bit Poster

Hi everyone,
    I am not getting this through to you am i ffreeloader.
    I AM NOT FOR BRAINDUMPS THEY ARE WRONG.
    What i am for is hard work and your own brain power.
    We all need to focus on our course work.
    I lived over in the states for a year and the americans are a bit dim.

Certifications: CLAIT,ECDL
    WIP: CIW WEBMASTER
  3. ffreeloader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you'll actually read my post I said you "seemed" to be defending braindumps because you were thinking they were out of date exams. Then I went on to explain you that there are no out of date braindumps around because no one would really want them, and why they wouldn't want them.

The rest of the commentary was just on the cultural differences between the US and Britain concerning old tests. If you're going to take that as a slam against you personally, well, I guess there's not a whole lot I can do about that. Calling me dim because you didn't understand my point was pretty funny though. I enjoyed it.

4. Tecx

Tecx Bit Poster

Well, well ffreeloader,
    You really have not looked at what you are reading have you !!
    I tell you braindumps are not any good, but you seem to take that i support them.
    please tell me where i have told you or anyone that i support braindumps.
    I SAID IT IS OKAY TO USE OLD EXAM PAPER FOR REVISION
    NOT CURRENT EXAM PAPERS.
    so lets see if you understand this!!!!!!!!! :blink

5. ffreeloader

LOL. Do you understand what the word "seemed" means?

6. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Good afternoon gentlemen!

I would just like to say a few things here, please!

I left school back in the 80's and they were using OLD test papers to give us some kind of idea about the format, and "type" of answer that the examining boards were looking for....

I enrolled to study CIW with just a very small handful of IT exam passes. I am studying the Scheidegger course material (which incidently) has Prosoft training written all over it.
    So, my point is that I came in completely "raw" with regard to this CIW training.

I have experienced some very great difficulties with my Web Languages folders (so bad, in fact, that it has held me back quite a bit). I have looked at and bought various JavaScript & Perl reference books, and they confuse the hell out of me!
    So I have put them out of harm's way, until I have chance to say that I have taken my CIW exams.

I have read about these TestKings and Brain dumps that are available on different sites, and the idea of someone "trying" to remember what was happening with regard to questions and answers, coming out of the exams and then replicating them for the paying CIW student sends me cold. In an exam, I would like to RELY on my brain, not someone elses!!!!!!

If looking at these "brainDumps etc" makes you feel more secure about your own ability, then it is entirely up to the individual. personally, I have a conscience.

I'm not having a go here, but trying to say that I wouldn't be able to sip my glass of champagne "in celebration", knowing that I didn't do it all on my own.

Hey- P.S. Genuiene past papers are a great idea to gain confidence but remember, Those are not the real questions!!!!! :eek:

TECX - I understand what you are trying to say here, mate!!

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  7. Tecx

Tecx Bit Poster

Thank you dee.

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

CIW is ProSoft...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

I know, I know :rolleyes:

Thanks for confirming that.

10. Tecx

Tecx Bit Poster

Hi all,
    Could anyone please tell me how long that they had to wait for there tutor tests were marked.
    I handed mine in aweek ago and i have not heard anything yet. :rolleyes:

11. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Hi Tecx

Upload it to the scheidegger site, and it should take 3-5 days. If you are needing it sooner, then give the tutor a "bell", and explain that you need the new access code.