Buying a new PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Baba O'Riley, Jun 25, 2005.

1. immoral giant

immoral giant Nibble Poster

Haven't used samsung memory, although samsung do memory for graphics cards and such, so i guess that will be ok.

Hard drives either of those companies are ok, each have their advantages.

Motherboards by abit, asus, msi, dfi, epox and gigabyte are all good.

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Just out of interest, why has a Mod starred out the name of the guy in my last post? Anyone who wants to know it can just email the company themselves!

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I did that m8 - simply because the individual might be embarassed or offended at being referenced outside of his work capacity. It's one thing being contactable via work means, but on a non-affiliated board such as ours, where Members views are discussed and welcomed openly, the individual would have every right to object, and even take matters further, if he/she felt the need.

Also, I have been in this situation myself before, and IMHO, it is less than pleasant, as it is only one more step to being able to track the individual to their personal details, and I would never want that - what I do here I do by my own choice, but under NO circumstances do I want my family or personal details availabe publicly on the net.

Hope you understand.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Samsung make the ram modules for the low latency memory sold by Corsair, OCZ, Crucial, etc, they all use samsung memory, so i cant imagine samsungs own brand being all that bad :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Fair enough Jakamo, was just curious. Keep up the good work!

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  6. datarunner

datarunner Byte Poster

hi there

I own, run and manage **********

i beleive we are cheaper and better than the shop you mentioned. All our systems are built around ASUS mobos. If you need more advice or have any questions then just ask.

Admin Edit(J): Advertising removed, as advised in New Members forum

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 210, 270, HNC Networking
    WIP: MCSA