Business stationairy, what will i need.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by paulwatson5, Apr 13, 2011.

1. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Hello.

I'm going to be starting a small part time PC Repair/IT Suppoort business in the coming months and im looking at making/designing everything my self apart from business cards and window stickers.

What else will i need stationairy wise.
    I have made a job receipt that i fill in and give to the customer when i collect their pc.

I'm assuming i will need a receipt book too.

Can anyone else give me some advice/tips on what else i might need so i can get started making them.

Thanks

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Disclaimer, for accidental data loss, citing that in the event of data loss, you're not to be held accountable for it. make sure they sign it before you work on a customers machine

Standard invoice, unless you mean thats a job receipt as mentioned above.

a decent toolkit - nothing worse than arriving to find out the customers desktop has a star shaped screw and you need to replace some memory!

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

External Hard Drive and a large capacity USB drive, ditto the good toolkit and plenty of canned air as most of the PC's will be chock full of dust. I think you would have to get the wording of your disclaimer checked out by a solicitor to make sure it's airtight and I'm not sure if you need insurance as well.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

As above, I would also get the customer to sign a form before you take the machine, parts away detailing its condition. Outlining things like bumps, knocks, dents, dirt, loose bits. Otherwise they may say you have mistreated their equipment.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Three things: Insurance; Insurance; Insurance.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Yeah, i have a 500gb external hard drive and an external dvd writer drive. Will order a couple of 4-8 gb usb sticks too, good idea.

I'm going to get a few quotes for public liability insurance too as i want to cover my back.

Nice idea about the details of the machine you take from the customer as i bet they would be arsey from time to time and say that you scratched their old machine!!

Company is called "Northern I.T." and is based in the North East of England.

Just starting a few small things like logo and letterhead etc and then creating invoice templates etc so any tips would be much appreciated on what other stuff i might need.

Have got a nice toolbox with every kind of torx/philips/flathead/precision screw driver. spare ide/sata cables, power cables and canned air etc.

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  7. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Public liability insurance. Sad reflection on todays "its somebody elses fault" society..

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  8. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like its shaping up well for you Paul - all the best with it :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud