Business Cards

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by westernkings, Apr 2, 2011.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hi gents,

Just wanted to create some conversation and get some opinions from the big hitters on whether Business Cards (whether they be given to you by your employer, or some you have done off your own back) are important these days?

I've just ordered some that a friend designed for me because I just feel that they are necessary for networking. Meeting people on a daily basis and nattering away. It's a lot easier and more acceptable to go "Tell you what. Here's my card and if you ever need anything, give me a shout" than it is to go "here's my number".

I just felt I could of been missing out on some opportunities by not having something to leave with people.

What do you guys think?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I agree - I've got business cards - company supplied. I always carry a few with me, i'm flying through them at the moment as i'm meeting people nearly on a daily basis in berlin.

But like you said, i think it's alot more acceptable aswell

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Would you never be tempted to create some personal cards?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I hand over a card to every member of the team at a customer I work for. Some have used them to email me because they couldn't find my address in their inbox or some stuff like that...

I'd say they have their place, so why not.

A friend who works in luxury automobiles has printed his on thin aluminium the size of a typical card, they are so sweet :) Mine is just the typical white with black/gray typing on top...

And how could we forget this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  5. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

You mean, like a non-business related one? - That would work, never really thought of it like that before - i'd always assume if you have a business card, then it's that - a business.

If i didn't have business ones - i'd probably think about something like that, or getting something made

Edit: Shini - lmao @ that video

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
    Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I have company business cards
    personal cards (check out MOO cards, they are amazing)
    and I have waterproof plastic cards for my SCUBA stuff

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0