Bursary/Funding?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Tegal, May 25, 2006.

1. Tegal

Tegal Bit Poster

So here I am burning off 18x DVD Backups* at 8x speed, idly thinking I should do something about getting an MCSE, which i've been thinking about since Christmas.

Then my wife suggests that I could profitably use the time by looking into funding for said study. Since I expect to foot most if not all of the bill for my studies I wondered if anyone was aware of any funding initiatives (with the exception of a career development loan which i know about), or local council bursaries that might be worth following up.

Search so far has not turned up much - just wondered if anyone had tried anything like this before.

Cheers
    Tegal

*In case you're worried, backup is not of server data, but video/DVD media project. It's the quickest and easiest way for our Macs, even though this project is a bit of a stinker.

PPS To any moderators out there - this wasn't supposed to show up in the New Members Intro forum, rather the T&D forum. Not sure how to move it or even if I can do that myself. Sorry about that.

Certifications: BEng, MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Hi Tegal

It depands on where you live to be honest, I managed to get some funding from an enterprise inititive in our area, ask your local job centre, but be persistant as the first time they asked they just shrugged there shoulders. The inititive provides funding for people to help them back into work e.g to put you through you fork lift license, money for clothes overalls work boots etc. depending on the time of year you may not have any luck as they get a curtain amount of money for this purpose and it tends to disappear fairly quickly.

If will try and rake out the information relating the inititive and see if they have any other similar things in your area if you let me know where you are located.

Derek

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. Tegal

Tegal Bit Poster

Hi Neelix,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm in Oxford! Anything you might have is welcome.

Tegal

Certifications: BEng, MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Moved now :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity