Burning an image to dvd

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by beaumontdvd, Aug 2, 2010.

1. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hi everyone, I need to burn an image to a DVD using IMGBURN. But Is it possible to burn an application to the dvd aswell as an image. So for example if its an O/S that needs to boot from dvd. It can do, but say when I open it up in explorer I can access the application executable?

Thanks,
    Dave

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

You would need to insert the application into the ISO file before you burnt the ISO to disk.

Can I ask why tho because Windows 7 has native support for burning ISO's?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

How would I go about adding the application into the ISO mate? Also would it still boot? Its a clone of my xp pro (which is what I am running at the moment)

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

I don't think imgburn can add files to an existing ISO.

The package I use is Magic ISO maker, which lets you edit the ISO and resave it - but its not a freebie, although there may be a trial version available.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I use a product called UltraISO, again not free but it does the trick.

Failing that can you not use the likes of a USB key and do it that way, if you can then use something like WinToFlash to create the USB and then just drop the application into a folder on the USB key.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA