BT Yahoo! ate my email

Discussion in 'News' started by Phil, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

[​IMG]<font size="3">BT Yahoo! ate my email</font>

BT reckons that "a couple of thousand" customer have been hit by a snag that has left users of its ISP services without email.

The monster telco is currently migrating some 1.8 million users over to its BT Yahoo! platform following a tie-up between the two companies announced last year. The migration began early in January and is expected to be completed by the end of April.

As part of the move, punters get a new BT Yahoo! Mail service which includes spam and anti-virus filters bolted on to the system.

And, according to one reader, the spam filters worked instantly.

But as he explains: "My initial delight that I received not a single spam instead of the usual 50 every morning was wiped out when I realised I wasn't receiving any normal emails either - well, drips and drabs, but soon I was getting phone calls from friends asking why I hadn't replied to them."

And he's not alone. Here's what another reader had to say: "BT recently informed me that my BT Openworld account had been updated to BT Yahoo! internet (not that I asked for it or anything). I wondered why I wasn't getting much email.

Rest of Story: The Register

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
porta2_tags:

Comments