1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT ordered to block links to Newzbin 2 website

Discussion in 'News' started by Fergal1982, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

BT ordered to block links to Newzbin 2 website

A High Court judge has ruled that BT must block access to a website which provides links to pirated movies.

Newzbin 2 is a members-only site which aggregates a large amount of the illegally copied material found on Usenet discussion forums.

The landmark case is the first time that an ISP has been ordered to block access to such a site.

It paves the way for other sites to be blocked as part of a major crackdown on piracy.

Full Story: Here

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. csx
      csx
      Personally I don't think this will make any difference...

Not to mention that most usenet offer secure VPN which will also bypass as well as many other ways.
    2. wagnerk
      wagnerk
      While I agree that piracy is an issue, what I don't agree with is that U.S. companies are dictating the policies that they want in every other country but can't impose in their own back yard.

I would rather them sort out the issue of SPAM being legal in the US and them being the top spam producing country in the world (due to $20 Billion Each Year in Lost Productivity, bandwidth costs of spam worldwide at $8-10 billion annually and not to mention the billions of $ & £ cheated out of individuals from fraud spam).

Returning back to subject, I'm not saying that piracy is swept under the carpet and I'm not saying that I approve of piracy, but what I am saying is that they should sort their own backyard out first before meddling in other countries.

-Ken
      Fergal1982, Modey and csx like this.