BSD - KERNAL_STACk_INPAGE_ERROR

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr.Cheeks, May 22, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

(clean install, no operating system on disk)
    I was installing WinXP using a disk called;
    Operating System MS XP Pro SP2, although i dont think this is the disk for the computer, its a software reinstallation and repair cd, when i was installing it, i got to installing drivers for the network and then had this BSD;

KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
    Tech info:
    STOP: 0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x02D79000)

I have googled the error and found that it is cuz of heat problems? i think it may be becuase of not being the correct disk, any ideas?

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

is the cd okay? could be scratched... RAM?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Mr.Cheeks

cd is fine - just checked, now im getting a memory dump error... RAM? dunno, how do you check that?

btw : its a laptop, p4com? :blink went to the website and who are they!

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

Don't know if this will help, but I found this link , down the page it states this:

"Stop 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
    This Stop message, also known as Stop 0x77, indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. Stop 0x77 can be caused by a number of problems, such as:

• Bad sectors on the hard disk

• Defective or loose cabling, improper SCSI termination, or the controller not seeing the hard disk

• Another device is causing a resource conflict with the storage controller

• Failing RAM"

In other searches, it also states that is may be a CMOS/BIOS problem.

But before I would even look at the above, I would try to install Windows XP from a proper CD and not just a repair CD from other manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Sounds to me like the disc is an image of a machine (not the one you have) as it left the factory, and the error is a strange way of telling you it won't install...

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

if its a laptop its heating.. are all the fans turning?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Mr.Cheeks

its seems to have worked, just only - i told the person this would be a quick fix, cuz this cd isnt for the laptop, its a HP recov...

also told the person, you need RAM, recom 512, only had 92... also told the person you have only 30 days left!

and then the person said.... i'll tell the other person :blink

p.s. for those who are in I.T. why is it, some people in I.T. seems to know all the answers, but just dont want to help? ...why work in I.T. when you dont want to fix pc's?

edit: or is it cuz you are not getting paid and/or you are going out of your way?

...sorry dont want to sound like a bi*ch but im not in the I.T. sector :( yet but when i am sorting someone's computer, someone from I.T. always says your doing it wrong, or you should install this piece of software its better, what gives! ...they talk the talk, but dont walk the walk :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rant over