britannia?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by wantit, Oct 15, 2006.

1. wantit

wantit New Member

hi there,
    has anyone ever heard or studied with a training academy called Britannia{kilburn}?any thoughts on quickcert.com?

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeps

Check out this post for a previous 'satisfied customer'.

They're yet another bunch of clowns who have cottoned onto the fact that there is serious money to be made in CDLs - getting people into ridiculous amounts of debt and not being even remotely concerned about the aptitude of the 'students' they take.

I remember they rang me out of the blue about four years ago (god knows why - I already had my MCSE) and offered to get me a contract role paying about 28 quid an hour for a network admin position (which was a lot at the time, smack in the middle of the post-September 11th downturn). I went along, was utterly appalled by their lack of professionalism - they basically sat me down and tried to sell me some more training courses, then came clean and told me I needed to sign up to some bollocks or other they were offering which committed me to training with them before getting a 'placement'. Complete waste of half an hour of my life.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I don't know of them but I am always suspicious of on-line training providers giving 100% money back guarantees.

Also this testimonial is worrying..

Practice tests that really mirror the actual tests, smacks of dreaded illegal braindumps to me, so my gut reaction is to steer well clear :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. esduffers

esduffers New Member

Hiya

i did hear that Britannia IT may have gone under ?!?!? also that james thornton may be next.

Eric

5. wantit

wantit New Member

thanx guys seems like most academies are just about the money, so have decided to self study is this the 'best' way. anyone heard or trained with cerco:blink

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

If you can self study then yes, it is the cheapest and the safest option.

Do a forum search for 'Cerco' I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. brom_star

brom_star Bit Poster

James thornton is still there alright, and are apparently doing well, but not britannia. Would advise extreme caution with online learning, when you get into it, it's rubbish content most of the time.