Britannia IT

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Rockyuk, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Rockyuk

Rockyuk New Member

Hi everyone,
    Well unfortunately I was one of Britannia IT’s unlucky ones and signed up to study with them and am still paying for it now. They called me up out of the blue for a job interview with them and I was unemployed at the time, next thing I know I am being hard sold into a training course now owing the bank £10,000 for a CDL and not certifications to go by. I have done some research today and have found out that they have gone into administration and have now changed there name to Britannia IT Solutions and I have the information of the scammer himself Imran Sheikh and trust me the have messed with the wrong person this time trust me. Please if there is any other students from Britannia IT please feel free to email me as the fight has only just begun.

I will keep you all posted.

Whois Data

Search Results

Registrant:
    Britannia IT Solutions Ltd
    258 Belsize Road
    London, England NW6 4BT
    GB

Domain name: BRITANNIASOLUTIONS.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Sheikh, Imran [email protected]
    258 Belsize Road
    London, England NW6 4BT
    GB
    +4402076442205 Fax: ++4402076243629

Technical Contact:
    Sheikh, Imran [email protected]
    258 Belsize Road
    London, England NW6 4BT
    GB
    +4402076442205 Fax: ++4402076243629

Registration Service Provider:
    UK Reg, [email protected]
    +44 1452 541252
    +44 1452 538485 (fax)
    http://www.ukreg.com/

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 15-Sep-2006.
    Record expires on 15-Oct-2007.
    Record created on 15-Oct-2004.

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.FAST-HOSTS.ORG
    NS2.FAST-HOSTS.ORG

Domain status: clientDeleteProhibited
    clientTransferProhibited
    clientUpdateProhibited

:twisted:

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Please bear in mind that CertForums is not a platform for disgruntled students of UK IT training providers to rant, threaten and attract other so-called 'victims'. The reason that we take this stance is not that we don't empathise with people finding themselves sold short. It is because we want to remain un-biased and that on several occasions in the past, this forum has been dragged into the legal argument and threatened with all kinds of litigation, which potentially could lead to this site being shut down. We simply don't have the time or the financial means to get involved, so we ask our members to refrain from posting specific allegations and or defamatory statements regarding the intellectual property of any organisation.

This forum is about helping people study for their certs. If you read most of the advice posted here you will notice that self study is the preferred method, mainly because going with any training provider, without first doing your home work is likely to end in tears.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

In addition, 'Imran Sheikh' is highly unlikely to be the brains behind Britannia - nobody running a company would be stupid enough to give their own name as the administrative contact on the WHOIS info for their website.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I had better amend my site then :oops:

5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ah, but you're not running a potentially ire-attracting tech 'school', now are ya? :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I'd better change all my domain contacts to mickey mouse then :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Paul1982

Paul1982 New Member

You should refuse to pay back the CDL because it is covered by the Consuner Credit Act 1974 and section 75 says if they go bust you don't have to pay. It is like buying something with your credit card and you don't receive the goods you get a refund from the Credit card company.

8. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I think you're wrong...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I agree.

A CDL is a loan that the bank gives you, you cannot just turn round and refuse to pay back the loan. The bank aren't providing you with the training, they're just giving you the means to pay for the training. It isn't the bank's fault that you have chosen a training provider that isn't delivering the service that you expect.

It isn't your money that you've paid to the training provider it's the bank's money.

10. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

what wizard said, it was late last night! Read the small print...
    they give you tha loan, what you do with it is not their problem

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  11. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

I almost signed up to these guys, and I am so glad I decided against it. Went to the interview and managed to haggle the price of the course!

They pretty much wanted the cash on the day:(

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  12. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

...plenty of trust there 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  13. Paul1982

Paul1982 New Member

I would strongly suggest you read up on section 75 of the act. As you have not completed the course you have purchased services from Britannia that they can no longer provide. They are therefore in breach of contract. Under section 75 the Bank has joint liability and are also in breach of contract therefore you have a right for a refund or not pay the loan. To say the Bank is not responsible is completely wrong. The Bank is not allowed to make any exemptions under section 75. Read up on the Act and give the Banks a hard time.

14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

So I take it your are hinting the bank forced the original poster to choose Britannia as their training provider?

Edit: Just done some research on the official CDL site which torpedos your argument:

Read the bit I have highlighted in bold.

Also here is the link:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/EducationA...Articles/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=10033241&chk=7pOuOa

15. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I think you have just about nailed that argument wizard, nice detective work!

16. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Having a read of Section 75 I am actually prepared to concede that Paul1982 may have a point.

Regardless of the credit situation, if RockyUK has paid for a service form Britannia and they have gone under before fulfilling their part of the contract, the company administrators should be liable for refunding him.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  17. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I'm not disagreeing that Britannia are liable, just under the circumstances the bank that issued the loan isn't liable, so refusing to pay the bank back is not an option.

18. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

The way IT training in this country is run is quite often appalling in my experience. The need for proper regulations have never been greater.

I think you will be very fortunate to get off with paying the CDL. The bank will most likely view it as a simple you owe them the money, Britannia IT owe you the money but thats not their problem. In an ideal world it would be the bank demanding the return of their money from this company but most likely you will just end up on Britannia's list of people they owe money. If they have went bust I wouldnt hold your breath on recovering any.

Some of the bigger training companies have garauntee bonds that ensure if they go bust during your course another equal provider will be found to cover your course duration. It means they will have X amount in a seperate account for this purpose.

19. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with this provider. Myself am having doubts whether to go with a certain training provider now. Beginning to wonder which of them can you trust. They promise you something and it doesnt happen or say one thing and mean something else. I hope you manage to get it sorted out.