Brain Dumps - counter-measures

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by DaveyB1981, Jun 23, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Done!!!!!!

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I have genuinely never met anyone / personally known someone that has BD'd a cert before.

If I met one, I'd possibly resort to M3lt's *facepalm* tactic.

At my work, I'm like a certification deserted island - I'm the only one in my department actively pursuing them. Not to say my boss doesn't encourage training - but she doesn't hold Certs over experience.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Yeah I felt like that- but in the end, the certifications are for me.. so I don't really care what they think\do\don't do. I think it looks as though I'm going to leave them soon actually.. 3 exams within a month, booked another one for next month.. :p *shh*

But yeah, some people are lucky having a supporting manager, being 'rewarded' with bonuses for gaining certification and having exams/training paid for them! :(

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Likely even more than that... people who are qualified enough to truly test you are difficult (expensive) to come by. What would more likely happen is that people who are absolutely unqualified to grade would be put in those positions. Worse, the potential for fraud or negligence on the part of the proctor is huge. Consider a testing center that hired instructors to teach who were also asked to proctor - the temptation for the instructor to pass his/her students would be great. "Yep, all my students passed!" Suuuuure they did... but now the instructor looks good... and all we've done is further devalue the certification.

In a perfect world, it would work... but this ain't a perfect world.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

..this guy never stops thinking..
    BM for President imho! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, that's just about it. If you care about certifications, continue to warn people about the dangers of braindumping, or point them here or to CertGuard.com - there are plenty of good explanations to be found.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!