Bowler CBT Labs Anyone??

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Trogdor, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Sorry it has been ages since I have been on here, all of the hustle and bustle of a new job and moving house diverted my attention from any kind of certs.

I have just started studying for the CCNA with the OU. The course only started yesterday so I am still getting to grips with the academy site, getting all of my log ins sorted etc. I was so excited at studying for this after so long wanting to, that I looked on Faceache to see if there were any groups for the academy, and sure enough there were. I 'liked' the page and no more than 4 hours later I had a PM from someone trying to sell me some CBT vids. The name of the company is Bowler CBT Labs. Has anyone ever heard of them? If I am going to get any kind of video training to supplement the course, I will go with CBT Nuggets as I have used, and am happy with, their products.

I am inclined to think that this message was just some spammage and delete it with authority, but I just wanted to bounce it off of some of you before I did.

In addition to the CCNA which I am doing off my own back, my new boss wants me to get the Server+ so I am likely to be lurking in one of the two forums.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  2. ethernet0

ethernet0 Byte Poster

Yeah, I've heard of them but can't comment on the quality. I think Youtube has a some of their work uploaded. I would agree that either CBT Nuggets or Todd Lammle CCNA video training series would be a safer bet.

3. ITworkxperience

ITworkxperience Bit Poster

Bowler CBT Videos are like listening to paint dry, not watching but listening.
    :cry:
    The bowler CBT are made by what can only be described as the most boring man to walk gods green earth. It’s like he’s been told that his cat has died before every video, he makes the CBT nuggets people sound like they are on crack:oops:

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNA/CCNP
  4. adsl_alc_20190.bin

adsl_alc_20190.bin Bit Poster

Stick with Jeremy Cioara (CBT nuggets), one of the best teachers I have come accross :)

Certifications: ccna, mcts windows 7
  5. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I shall steer clear!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  6. bowlersp

bowlersp New Member

As the Founder/Owner of Bowler CBT Labs I would like to validate my product.

Unlike what ITworkxperience has told you because his viewpoint seems not valid, in the short time that I have been in business (Just over half a year) I have sold hundreds of copies of my product to people all over the world and continue to improve my product every day.

You can check hundreds of my satisfied customers feedback below for their opinions, the people that actually bought my material:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=stevebowler&ftab=AllFeedback

Again, I get positive feedback from my customers everyday and they seem very satisfied with their purchase. If you want to spend 10 times as much go ahead, but I think people are starting to realize that the BIG training companies prices are a little insane.

That is why I created Bowler CBT Labs, top quality Cisco Training that everyone can afford. Just look up some other companies and they don't even compare to mine in price and quality.

I Don't know what I did to upset ITworkexperience, but I would just look at my ebay customer feedback and also what people are saying about my videos on my youtube channel below:

http://www.youtube.com/bowlersp

Obviously you can't please everyone, but as long as I keep receiving the positive feedback that I have in the short time I have been in business, my company and my products will be around for a long time.

Thank you and have a great day,
    Steve Bowler
    Owner/Founder Bowler CBT Labs

7. pran

pran New Member

Hi all,
    this is my first post on this topic. i have gone thru bowlers CBTs i didnt find any thing intersted they are dry and u get easily bored.when ur spending money on CBTs search for a qualified CCIE person.

P.S : If u want to pass any exam dont think about money go for good CBTs

8. GW

GW Byte Poster

A friend of mine let me borrow one of the discs because I was having some issues with a lab topic and he speaks in a normal voice instead of an excited voice the videos do get the job done and going through the topic watching him do the configuration I was able to see what I was doing wrong.

The only thing that I think that would be better is that he record the videos in a more quiet location because it sounds like he is recording the videos in a server/network room so you have the noise of the fans being recorded on the video.

I bought the CNT Nuggets and they are great lectures on the topics and goes through the steps but if you are having some issues with configuration (like I was) the Bowler CBT Labs are worth the money you spend on them as they just focus on configuration only and not theory so you get to the meat of the issue.

At some point I'm going to be buying his series to help me out because the one I borrowed from a friend sure helped me.

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA
  9. bowlersp

bowlersp New Member

@GW

Thank you for your honest opinion and great feedback. And, just to let you know all the older videos have been Re-mastered with clear audio, so there is No More background noise.

Also, I just released Series 2 which inludes 50 New videos, 20 of which are troubleshooting and 30 of which are configuration. In the 20 troubleshooting videos I give you the following:

1) GNS3 .net File
    2) Initial Device Configuration Files
    3) Trouble Ticket PDF File

Check out the following video to get more details on the Series 2 Troubleshooting Labs:

YouTube - Troubleshooting Labs Introduction

Thanks again to all my customers all across the world. Bowler CBT Labs is less than a year old and has served over 500 satisfied customers all across the world.

Thank you all and have a great day,
    Steve Bowler
    Owner/Founder
    Bowler CBT Labs

10. bowlersp

bowlersp New Member

Just to give you all an update.

Juniper Series 1 is now available. Juniper Series 1 includes 20 videos, 11 1/2 hours of training on the following topics:

Firewall Filters, Routing Policy, Single Area OSPF, Multi Area OSPF, IBGP, EBGP, Traceoptions, Introduction to JUNOS, JUNOS Basics, User Access, J-Web and much more.

More Cisco and Juniper products will be coming out soon and we will release the details shortly so check with us for updates and don't forget to follow us on Facebook.

Have a great day!

11. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Steve,

Thanks for the update, it's always good to get that personal touch when it comes to trainers and training material.

Keep up the work.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  12. bowlersp

bowlersp New Member

Bowler CBT Labs is proud to present to you our newest Series, Cisco CCNP Security SECURE

In this Series, 22 CCNP Security SECURE videos, over 12 hours of training on the following topics which will help you pass the CCNP Security SECURE (642-637) exam:

Cisco IOS CA Server, IOS EZVPN, IOS IPS Features, IOS Zone-based Firewall, DAI, Dynamic Multipoint VPN's, GET VPN with Pre-shared Keys, Management Plane Security, Routing Protocol Authentication, NAT, SSL VPN - Clientless, SSL VPN with Cisco Anyconnect Client, TACAC's authentication via Cisco ACS and more!

All of our products are now available for instant download.

Have a great day!

13. Tomfromdelmonte

Tomfromdelmonte New Member

I bought the Bowler CBT CCNP Secure video package about 2 weeks ago. I am finding the content extremely useful, once i got used to the guy's voice which is kind of monotone sometimes (which isnt such a bad thing). The actual CONTENT of the videos is great, there are couple of moments when he does stuff and it doesnt work which is in my opinion, the best part because then u get an insight into the troubleshooting process. I practically jumped with joy at the end of one video because i was sure he has missed a very small but important command during the config and lo and behold... the vpn tunnel didnt form and after he had run a debug etc it confirmed what i had thought which proved to myself that i was actually learning (for info its at the end of the scalable authentication for vpn video when configuring the ipsec transform set, lol). Also he doesnt waste time explaning stuff which you should already know from the ccna which i think is appropriate at this level. If i did have to crtiticise the videos i would say that there isnt much 802.1x stuff or data/management plane security but given the price i paid for the downloads its still money well spent.

14. bowlersp

bowlersp New Member

Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it.

Just to let everyone know we released a new series last month which is Juniper Series 2. Juniper Series 2 was created for those studying for advanced Juniper Certifications which include the JNCIS, JNCIP and JNCIE. Juniper Series 2 can also be very helpful for those working for a service provider with Juniper devices or also those working with Juniper equipment in a large enterprise network.

Juniper Series 2 includes 20 Juniper Advanced Routing videos, 12 hours of training on the following topics:

OSPF: Authentication, Virtual Links, Stub Area, Not-So-Stubby Areas (NSSA), Internal Route Summarization, External Route Summarization.

BGP: Next Hop Self, Route Reflectors, AS Path Prepending, Multi Exit Discriminator (MED), Local Preference, Multipath and Load Balancing.

IPv6: Static Routing, RIPng, OSPFv3.

IS-IS: IS-IS Basics, Multi Area IS-IS, Authentication.

RIPv2: Authentication.

In addition to the 20 videos we provide you with the initial configurations for 14 videos.

Have a great day,
    Steve

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  15. bowlersp

bowlersp New Member

Just to let everyone know we released a new series earlier this month which is Juniper Series 3. Juniper Series 3 was created for those studying for advanced Juniper Certifications which include the JNCIS, JNCIP and JNCIE. Juniper Series 3 can also be very helpful for those working for a service provider with Juniper devices or also those working with Juniper equipment in a large enterprise network.

Juniper Series 3 includes 20 Juniper Advanced Routing videos, 12 hours of training on the following topics:

OSPF: metrics, reference-bandwidth, hello and dead timers.

BGP: Confederations, EBGP Multihop, default routes, prefix limits, AS-Override, loops/advertise peer as, hold time and keepalives.

IPv6: BGP, IS-IS and default routes.

IS-IS: metrics, wide metrics, reference-bandwidth, route summarization, route leaking.

Tunneling: GRE Tunnels and IPv6IP Tunnels.

Redistribution: mutual redistribution between OSPF and RIPv2.

In addition to the 20 videos we provide you with the initial device configurations for all 20 labs.

Have a great day,
    Steve

16. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

that's great Steve, wonderful, just amazing, along with promoting yourself and your wares on this site hows about you give something back to the community.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
    Coupe2T likes this.