1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Both exams on same day

Discussion in 'A+' started by ManniX, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ManniX

ManniX Bit Poster

Hello all

I'm looking to take the exams at the end of this month if all goes well and this isn't an exams on same day vs different days thread - there are plenty of those already.

All negative thoughts aside, If I were to book both for the same day and failed 601, say by something like 1% - could I then switch the 2nd exam to 601 and try again or would it have to remain as 602?

I'm not planning to take the exams if I don't believe I'm ready, I just like to plan for every eventuality.

Thanks!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+.. I guess?
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

No the exams you book are the exams you take.

PS I did both on the same day

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

GBL is correct - you cannot trade one exam for another.

Keep mind of CompTIA's retake policy. If you fail an exam, you can retake it as soon as you want (provided a date/time is available). If you fail a second time, you must wait 14 days before taking the exam a third time. You must wait an additional 14 days between subsequent attempts: link

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. ManniX

ManniX Bit Poster

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep all that in mind :)

If I'm having 3rd and 4th attempts though I think something will have gone wrong somewhere lol..

Fingers crossed for first time!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+.. I guess?