Boson ExSim Question

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by StormTHX, Feb 5, 2009.

1. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Do you guys make an ExSim for MCDST? I can't find it on the site.

THX in advance!:biggrin

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I know I dont make one....

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, we don't yet have one. It is my hope that someday we WILL create one, provided it doesn't retire first...

I will alert my supervisors that you have inquired about the MCDST. If enough people ask, then the MCDST would be worth our time to create.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

BM... I probably would have bought it too, but I'll have probably passed by the time it's released :p

I'll be a beta-tester if it ever appears, deal? :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Thanks for the quick reply.

That would be a tough business decision. XP is a great OS and if adoption of Windows 7 is anything like Vista it maybe worth it. With the condition of the global economy it maybe a long time before the corporate world gets away from XP.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I should have my MCDST before then (just trying to be positive).

THX Michael!

6. BosonMichael

Sounds great, man!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. BosonMichael

I agree completely. Our problem is twofold. First, although Boson is beginning to build a reputation for creating high-quality Microsoft and CompTIA products, Boson has traditionally been a Cisco provider, and we've got a bunch of customers who are wanting more Cisco products. Since the demand is there, we need to fill that demand. Second, Josh and I used to work for a competitor, and Josh was responsible for developing their MCDST products (back before their company abandoned the high-quality mindset, IMO). Therefore, if we were to create an MCDST product... our content would essentially be competing against... our content.

8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Well give your new content a Gordon Freeman style crowbar.

(my apologies - it's late and I'm tired)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. BosonMichael

I'm concerned that the... ahem... half-life... of the MCDST has already passed. :p

10. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

With the Vista-esque DST certs... ahem... failing to walk out of their infancy, the MCDST will have strength and marketing in it for a few years to come.

Unless, of course, Microsoft simply decide to pull the plug.

Let's see... Server 2K3 exams still in 2009... nah. Safe :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would hope that Boson do create practice exams for MCDST as after seeing their A+ exams I would be concerned to lay my money out for anyone else.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the kind words, GBL.

13. BosonMichael

That is the question, isn't it?

Yep, the 2003 exams should be with us for at least another 3 years.

14. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Good news to hear that 2003 exams will be around for awhile. After MCDST it is off too MCSE for myself and I will be trying the Boson materials.

THX again Michael.

Michael