Boson ExSim for Security+ question...

Discussion in 'Security+' started by GiddyG, Jan 16, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Michael,

I notice that Boson produce a test kit for Sec+.

Question(s): is it uptodate (as in 2007 version), and what do you reckon on its quality?

Cheers

John

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I have not looked at Boson's Security+ content as it was created by the "old guard". So, unfortunately, I can't vouch for its usefulness. I would hope that it's good... but as I don't know who the author is, and since I haven't reviewed the content as it relates to the exam, I don't even have a guess as to how good it is.

It looks like our products were last updated on 10/28/2005. I don't know how much the exam has changed since then.

I'm quite sure that we will eventually put out a "new style" ExSim Max product for Security+, but we've still got bigger fish to fry (A+, Network+, CCNP, Server 2008 ) before we can get to that one. :(

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Thanks for the information Michael. Much appreciated. :respct

4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good old saying, I noticed your ExSim for the MS exam for the 70-290 was recently updated. May ask if you can vouch for the content and quality of this?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Where did you see that the 70-290 was updated? Like the Sec+ product, the 70-290 product was created prior to Michael and I starting, so we can't vouch for it one way or the other. Like Michael said, we've been so busy working on new products that we just haven't had a chance to go back in and verify whether the old products meet our new quality standards.

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Looks like it was updated on 12/21/06, about 13 months ago. Unfortunately, I can't vouch for this one either... I haven't seen it.

Basic rule of thumb is this: if it's an ExSim product, it was before our time. Might be great... might not. But if it's an ExSim Max product, I can wholeheartedly say that it is of the best possible quality... an accurate simulation of the exam, relevant concepts, detailed explanations, etc.

Sorry, that's about as salesmanish as I can get. :) heh! And I'm certainly not going to vouch for one of our products just to make a buck. The most important thing is for you to get the best quality materials out there, and for that to happen, I have to be completely honest in my assessments to you.

It is my hope that we can go back and create an ExSim Max product for the Server 2003 stuff... once the avalanche of new products clears a bit. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!