Boson Exam Simulators...

Discussion in 'A+' started by 1/4, Mar 3, 2011.

1. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Question.

Doing the 220-702 exam in study mode I have 91% correct and end and grade exam, now it say's I failed with 76% correct?

Is this a known bug or just me being stupid (more likely).

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you did an exam and it said 91% correct but you only got 71% is that correct?

If so I would ask boson Michael to investigate for you since he works for Boson.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Is it anything like some of the other simulators where you can set your own pass/fail threshold?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Thinking about it... The A+ syllabus grants different weightings to different sections of the exam. I was doing a "random" exam, so I may have in fact answered a lot of low level questions correctly, and got all my wrong questions in the higher weighting categories perhaps?

Does randomising completely randomise all questions or just give random questions within topical thresholds (i.e. There is code in place preventing you from randomly being asked 100 questions on hardware)?

Seems a large real % change however if that was the case.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No idea. Have you submitted the bug using the exam engine?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Nope, it has only happened the once, if I see it again I'll submit it Michael :)

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thanks. I know that once-upon-a-time, the "running percentage" score would get quirky when you move back and forth through questions you had already answered... so if you had answered 47 questions, but you scrolled back to question 31, the percentage would change to reflect your score to that point. Or something like that... you might mess with it to see if you can break it. If you can, be sure to let us know!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!