Boot camp .v. brain dump

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Bokkie, Sep 5, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sorry, Fergal, I'll continue the assault on Obinna until he's banned or I am. If you don't like it, there's a little ! button you can press.

However, this post is about boot camps and braindumps... and Obinna is an unapologetic braindumper (as well as a blatant infringer of copyrights). So the posts are somewhat on-topic. But if you'd like to create a new post, feel free.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

As much as I enjoy the Obinna bashing, I've got to agree with Fergal on this one, there is a time and a place for that and I'd suggest the place which would make most sense would be a PM conversation with a member of staff.

Going back to the OP, as others have already stated boot camp is not necessarily equal to brain dump but the one may make use of the other. The same is true of some of the less reputable TPs and even some (idiotic) college lectures from what I've heard. The golden rule is the moment you are offered anything which looks like a list of questions and answers to memorise you get the hell out and report it to the certification provider (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc).

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

That's fine mate, but I think it would have served the purposes of the thread more if both you and Fergal had reported any comments you thought were out of order using the little button at the top right of each post rather than further de-railing the thread. (like I am doing now I guess :) ) It's there to alert the moderators if they feel they need to take action etc... and last time I checked Fergal & youself weren't mods.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

very well. have it your way.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's a shame to see decent members and solid contributors brought to bickering over someone who doesn't really warrant that much attention...

:cry:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

agreed

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Also agreed from me, sorry if any of you thought I was having a go (especially Fergal & Josiah), it wasn't my intention.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada