Books?

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Wiz, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Wiz

Wiz Bit Poster

For anyone who knows are there any specific books which would help it getting the qualification or just the study of PS, DW...etc

Then booking the test

Any help would be great... I always try to keep on top of things

WIP: CIW A+ N+
  2. Mark L

Mark L Bit Poster

All the CIW books I've been able to find so far have been for the old version of the exams.

For starting to study a new subject, I usually use the appropriate "for Dummies" book, as they give a good grounding without trying to load too much into your head at once.

WIP: CIW Foundation
  3. Wiz

Wiz Bit Poster

I'll give that a look in, see where and what to start with to get me on the track of learning the right thing for the right exams

cheers for the reply

4. Wiz

Wiz Bit Poster

Its not easy trying books for the foundation one, at least the new one exam...can get the higher ones but the one you need is never around

5. chetan.crasta

chetan.crasta Bit Poster

For CIW, the training simulators are more useful - TestOut, Boson etc. I haven't found any up-to-date books for the CIW.

6. Wiz

Wiz Bit Poster

Yeah up-to-date books are rare for this all cover the 410 not the 510, which is a shame but i guess look code design then i suppose it might not matter as much as long as your on the right path for it...

I'll look into those training simulators