Books

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by cgmarchant, Apr 23, 2008.

1. cgmarchant

cgmarchant New Member

I am just above to start studing my MCDST and I have the Microsoft Self study kit. Is there any other books which people can recommend as a different source of information?

Many thanks

Chris

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia A+ & MCDST & MSCe
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I quite liked the exam cram books along with the MS press books, but you really need both in front of you plus lots and lots of actual experience to back it up with. Books are great but it goes in so much earier if you actually do what you are studying about a few times on a computer or two!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. quackers

quackers Nibble Poster

I was just about to ask the very same question, i've done a couple of practise tests from the ms press books, scoring 84 and 86, so i feel i'm almost ready to take the test.

Apart from the exam cram books, can anyone recommend any others?

Certifications: Degree, A+
    WIP: CCNA, MCDST
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I would recommend Virtual PC (it's free!) with XP Pro and Outlook installed. Play about with it until you are happy with all of the objectives.

Personally, things stick in my head if i do them as well as read about them.

Good luck.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT