Books for A+ Upgrade?

Discussion in 'A+' started by JSH333, Sep 22, 2006.

1. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Hi all
    I'm planning on ordering a book today to start study on A+ for the new exams, I'm not keen on rushing for the current ones.

I'm thinking
    Mike Meyers' A+ Certification All-in-one Exam Guide
    Or
    Mike Meyers' A+ Certification Passport

I expect I'll end up getting both at some point but i was wondering will these cover the new exams aswell? I assume even if they dont they'll cover most of the content in the exams. Also any other info i should know before i click the buy button?

Cheers

James

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd wait for the new editions. There seems to have been quite a change in the A+ exam with the new objectives, particularly with the choice of the second exam. The old books won't cover this at all.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Most definately wait for the new edition (6th edition) to be released if you don't plan on taking the current objectives.I wouldn't buy the All In One AND the passport to be honest,you won't get anything from the passport that you wouldn't get from the All In One edition.Alternatively I would opt for the new All In One edition and a seperate publication like Sybex or Exam Cram2.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Yes...Sybex has a new book coming out in December. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Well I've had a rethink, I've decided to go and order the passport as it's cheaper. It should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I'll have a read through and then I'll consider if it'll be worth just going for the current exams. Even if i do wait, I'm not too bothered about 15 quid, rather than buying the more expensive books and those becoming obsolete.

James

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

As Trip pointed out, there's a good one coming out soon that covers all the new objectives for the exam.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685