booking prometric 2nd shot

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, Nov 17, 2010.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Has anyone booked a multiple 2nd shot exam pack from prometrics current offer? I've justtried and it will only let me book 1 exam and has charged me £150 for it. It says a discount og 60 quid or so was made so i assume it charging me for 2 exams at once as thats the pack i got even though i only have booked 1. So when i book my 2nd exam will it not charge me? has anyone done this? just concerned i'm going to be chraged for 2nd exam so have paid over the odds on this one.

Teh last one i did was only a single exam pack and that charged me 15% extra just liek it said.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

You pay for all the exams in your pack up front else it would be open to abuse. When you use your code for your second exam it should come up as paid for.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  3. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I recommend booking your exam over the phone. I've heard of others having trouble with the second shot vouchers. I've booked a few of my Prometric exams on the phone and never had a problem with the process.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  4. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

As mentioned, the cost of all the exams from your cert pack is deducted when you register for your first exam.
    A bit of a hit, but still a decent saving overall.

When you register for the rest of your exams, you use the same voucher code, so don't lose it.

Should you be unfortunate enough to fail one of your exams, that is when you will need the free second shot exam voucher code, you can get this by registering your fail here: http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake.htm?s=MSRETAKE

You'll probably need to give it at least 48 hours though before you register as it takes a while for your original result to get from Prometric to Microsoft.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.