Booking exam 1st

Discussion in 'A+' started by Fresh108, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Fresh108

Fresh108 Bit Poster

Did anyone try this technique? I find that when Im working towards something I like to have a deadline so that I study harder. I should get the book on Monday so im deciding to book it 2 weeks from then for the essentials exam. Im not working (made f$%£ing redundant) at the moment so 2 weeks should be enough im guessing?

Certifications: BSc Computer Science, A+
    WIP: MCDST
  2. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

Yeah I've done something similar... hope your book gets there on time.. lol
    Good luck

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  3. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I did the same thing- gave myself 3 weeks to pass it though.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Skim over the book first before booking the exam. Make sure you have a better idea to what the A+ is all about and how much you need to learn. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

I suggest you do what sparky says. Although I did book my exam (wasn't a+) pretty quick, I did go over it at least once.

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  6. Fresh108

Fresh108 Bit Poster

That is the better idea I guess. And 3 weeks is also a better timeframe to give myself. I've been out of work too long so just quickly want a cert on my CV so I can get out there and then get started on an MCSA/MCSE. :D

Certifications: BSc Computer Science, A+
    WIP: MCDST
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't. I schedule it when I'm ready to go take it, usually for the very next day.

If I find that I don't have enough motivation to study for a certification exam, perhaps I shouldn't be certifying on it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Phiggles

Phiggles Bit Poster

Hi fresh, I went over the book once, then when going over the 2nd time and more stuff started to sink in i booked my test for 3weeks later durind the 2nd read.

I passed essentials on monday so, now skimimng over the book and reinforce not so sure stuff and booking exam for about 2 weeks time again, like you say something to work towards.

Good luck with it all, the guys here are most helpful.

Phil

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270