Booking 602 test with prometric

Discussion in 'A+' started by z0nk, Apr 19, 2009.

1. z0nk

z0nk Bit Poster

Passed my essentials exam last week and am now trying to book my 602 exam.

When going through the booking process in prometric there comes a box called "Additional Information Requested By CompTIA" asking what my "member #" is, and asking to choose yes or no whether to "Send Information" to my email address.

What is my member number? is it my candidate id or registration number? I have those on my essentials score report. What is this for and do I even need to bother filling this in?

Thanks

Certifications: A+, MCDST, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I think it would be your Candidate ID. Did you sit the 601 with Vue then? If you sat it with Prometric they should already have this info.

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I agree... It's so when the testing centre (Vue and/or Prometric) sends up your test details to Comptia, they can easily match up your records. Otherwise you may end up with 2 accounts, then have to go thru the process of merging them (which isn't hard, but annoying).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. z0nk

z0nk Bit Poster

Yes it's with prometric.

I've entered my Candidate ID. Cheers.

Certifications: A+, MCDST, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck with the exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security