Booked my exam

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Danshand, May 19, 2009.

1. Danshand

Danshand Nibble Poster

Hello chaps,

Well I have just booked my exam this morning, for the 1st of June. Started studying on the 5th of may for the 70-620 and have whizzed through the book, and around half of the CBT Nuggets videos. I feel confident that I will pass the exam, but has anybody any tips for quick last minute revision? Its been a while since I did an exam!

Thanks,

Danny.

Certifications: Many.
    WIP: MCITP, ITIL
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck for the exam :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck with the exam. :thumbleft

I would go through it all again. You have the time and just go through all the exercises again too.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Good luck on the exam :thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. Danshand

Danshand Nibble Poster

Does anyone have any advice on the following:

What are the heaviest topics in the exam? i.e. UAC, Networking?
    What kind of simulations are there, could somebody give an example?
    Are then are 'red herrings' or trick questions as such?

Thanks.

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Because the exam taken is derived from a large pool of questions, what may be heavy in one exam, may be light in another.

Just make sure you know your stuff. Like nugget already said, go thru everything again :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. Danshand

Danshand Nibble Poster

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your time. I notice you have completed the MCITP (Enterprise Admin) which is the path I am looking to follow. I have heard bad things about the 70-640 self paced training book, do you agree with this and have any better advice on which book to use for the 70-640 exam?

8. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

If I can offer my opinion, the 70-620 ms press book is an excellent study guide, apart from my VMware labs This was the only resource I needed to pass the exam.

If you are not sure of anything in the book, look it up on Technet for another explanation.

Good luck with the exam. :)

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA