1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booked 70-294!

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by Qs, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hi All,

I've just booked my 294 for next Wednesday. "Are you crazy", I hear you cry! Well maybe, but there's good reasoning:-

• A new testing centre has opened up which is so close I can walk to it! They only had one slot left, and nothing free in Feb, so I thought sod it, and booked it.

• Second-shot is in play as a safety net.

• The study material for 294 is basically just 290+291 with a fancy Active Directory shirt on. I have yet to see so much overlap in study material. They teach you how to use the search function in AD ffs.

So yes, I skipped most of the guff and now have a week to study some of the more in depth GP and AD stuff before D-Day.

Wish me luck.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. alsy

alsy Bit Poster

Without breaching any NDA and giving anything away, I would disagree about the study material for 290 and 291 overlapping with 294. I didn't find any overlap and used the MS Press books for all 3 exams. There is way more in 294 than just GPO. I found this to be a solid AD only exam with nothing else in it.

Anyway, all the best with it. You may have a different experience than I did.

Certifications: MCNE, CNE5&6, MCSA, N+, Project+, ITILv2
    WIP: MCSE2K3
  4. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

You're crazy baby....:p

Good luck - I'll be waiting for you at home after - And I expect to hear the result before you post it on here :twisted:

:wub

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCDST
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Fingers crossed for you m8 !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Perhaps this wasn't explained in the best way.

What I meant was... that if you do the exams with the natural progression of MCSE in mind (that is to say client exams through 290/291/293 etc), plus have the relevant experience with AD in your job role, then I can't see any real trouble with this exam.

A large proportion of the content in the MS press book is stuff I either already know, or requires foundation knowledge previously gained from the aforementioned exams.

It seems to me that it's very much a from-the-ground-up AD exam, and so a lot of the skills required are already known (as I use them on a daily basis)

Perhaps I will be proved wrong, in which case I'll use the second shot. No harm in trying.

As previously stated, I only really booked the exam because I was confortable with the content, and the local testing centre had a spare slot.

*shrugs*

We'll see.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Get balls deep mate!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

All the best.