Booked 290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Ambushed, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Hey all, I've booked my 70-290 exam for the 22nd to complete my MCSA.:biggrin

I've been using Pass4Sure 70-290 and the TopCerts practice exams.

I have trouble reading the long questions, has anyone got any tips as to how to simplify these questions to get a better understanding?

I don't have to time to fail the 290 exam as I will be sitting my 291 3 weeks after.

Thanks.

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD
  2. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

aren't pass4sure & topcerts a braindump site - all their blurb reads that way to me

Can pass exam just by using questions, guaranteed passes, no explanations of all answers ('cus they don't know them)

The killer is when they they reserve all rights over THEIR products

Ambushed, using these sorts of products you're proving nothing and devaluing the experience of others who've earned their certs. Looking at your age, the fact you're doing 290 and then 291 a few weeks later if you ever manage to get a job in the real world and having used these products (answers) you won't have a clue and will soon be found out.

If they aren't then obvious apologies but I reckon they are

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  3. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

What the hell are you talking about old man, I'm using these practice test engines at my training provider.

I just wanted ideas as to how to read the questions easier because they are very similar to the real exam from what I have heard.

How dare you put someone down like that.

4. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Another thing is that I am not self studying, I'm training at a training provider that I have payed ALOT of money for and I have worked HARD for what is coming.

5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Well sorry m8 but I've just checked pass4sure on Certguard (www.certguard.com) and they are braindumps ! As I'm sure you're aware we don't condone them here !

I suggest you point that out to your employer - there are plenty of legitimate training sites who offer genuine practice questions - Transcender/Boson etc.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Could you tell me why they are not recommended?

Cheap way of getting cert I guess?

BTW, they also have transcender so I will just stick to that :)

7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Suggest you read :

http://www.certguard.com/braindumps.asp

http://www.certguard.com/decertified.asp

Look at it this way - I have 10 yrs IT experience; struggling to get a job and in financial jeopardy yet I'm putting the work in to study to pass the certs to confirm my experience.

If you were in my shoes, how would you feel if you found out that someone got a job over you because they had used braindumps to pass their certs and get a job when they have limited knowledge and have just crammed to pass exam questions ?

Not a pleasant thought is it ?

8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

As mentioned they are braindumps and dont use that type of talk here please - people are polite here and thats the way its staying! Thank you!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Not at all.

10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Dont you mean actual exams? :dry

Avoid mate... 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Yeah damm, didn't know that honestly.

Can my training provider get in trouble for this?

12. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Most definitely !

Read the Certguard links I posted. If they are using braindumps they're in just as much trouble as any candidate if not more.

To quote from Certguard :

"People that get caught cheating get decertified; people that sell, resell, administer, or distribute braindumps get shutdown; and the proxy test-takers get banned from all test centers and their websites get shutdown"

It's simple - put the work in and do it properly !

13. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

I'd be interested to know what training provider is using them but I guess it could be on dodgey ground for ambushed to say so on a public forum (hearsay) so far as anyone else is concerned.

I'd have been suprised if they were in the UK but having just seen your location I guess they're in NZ. I wonder whether the company uses them or are they just being handed out by the odd dodgey trainer without the Training Providers knowledge?

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  14. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Ambushed, I don't think you get the MCP credentials unless you pass a different exam apart from the 70-620.

Could be wrong, but would advise you check your logo builder on the MS website, which shows what you can use.

If I'm right you should be able to use it after you pass the 70-290 on the 22nd September 2008.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  15. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Hmm yeah, I have been reading at a few places

http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/c3e1838f-0240-4cfc-97a9-93bea280aaef/

Kind of a hard one

16. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Eh ? He's ok surely :

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.mspx

"Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) candidates are required to pass one current Microsoft Certification exam that provides a valid and reliable measure of technical proficiency and expertise."

17. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Only way to find out is for Ambushed to use the logo builder on the MS site.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  18. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

I don't understand why you think he can't use MCP ???

19. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  20. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

I heard you get both MCTS and MCP