1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book based bemusement

Discussion in 'A+' started by handsomecrab, Feb 7, 2007.

1. handsomecrab

handsomecrab New Member

Hi there. I'm looking to start studying A+ at home and I've just bought myself a cheap pc off ebuyer to tinker with. :D

I've ordered the new A+ Certification All-in-one Exam Guide from the register and i was wondering if anyone could recommend one or two lab books?

I've had a look around on amazon and on the Books and Resources thread here on CF, but i'm not sure which books will cover the new stuff or if it even matters?:blink

I'm looking to do the A+ Essentials + 602

Thanks!

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i not sure or have not heard anyone suggest a lab book for the new exams - prob cuz they are quite new.

The A+ book you bought - did it cover the Essential 602 or are you referring to another book (im thinking Mike Meyers All in One).

edit: just to add; if it is the one i was thinking, then this book covers the 2003 objectives and not the new ones (2006), however, i have read here that i covers most of the objectives, as some topics will not be relevant for the 2006 objectives...

If Harry is around, im sure i'll expand, as it was his post where i read this info on but cant find it...

3. handsomecrab

handsomecrab New Member

4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i ran the isbn number in amazon and although its the same name it has the new objectives included

so you can disregard my previous comment, but still i dont know of a lab book....

5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I have just the book for you... and it was written by our very own Tripwire45! It's called PC Technician Street Smarts and contains nothing BUT useful labs. Highly recommended.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. handsomecrab

handsomecrab New Member

Thanks very muchly. Just bought it! :)