Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by extra77, May 18, 2006.

1. extra77

extra77 New Member

Howdy

Sitting the exam next Thursday, Hopefully this will be a breeze, I’ve done 290 and got 835...

I have read the 270 MS press book but I hear there is likely to be questions about Bluetooth and there is an article or document on this on here.... Can anyone point this out to me?

I also seem to struggle a little bit with unattended installations, (we only use ghost images in our organisation), is there any useful info on that?

Certifications: 070-290
    WIP: HND - 070-270
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi,

Have you checked out MS's exam objectives here? This should tell you if bluetooth is covered. If it ain't listed then it shouldn't be covered.

As for RIS, well I can only suggest that you get yourself a test environment set up and have a try with it. Hands on experience of actually doing it will make far more sense than reading about doing it! :biggrin

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

umm yes you will get bluetooth questions. They not covered exactly in any books but fall under the topic:
    Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services - these are the questions MS seem to fish out of anywhere i.e. technet and under stones!

As for unattended installations - you should know about sysprep, RIS (how to build a RIS server and use a client to download an image) and how to use an answer file and how to create a UDF (unique database file) using the tools on the xp cd.
    Here are some links from the ms site:
    Automating Installations
    Win Xp Resource Kit

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. extra77

extra77 New Member

Howdy, Thanks for the headsup, Its just that i read in other forums about sneaky questions about bluetooth that should not be in there....

Ive used a ris boot disc before, that is not a problem, The only problem is have is unnatended installs with sysprep as i dont have the kit to make a lab and I have the exam on thursday so I just needed some advice really.

Only other thing i need to get nuckled down is VPN / Dialup security, for instance NT domains dont support MSchap for Dialup connections but it does for VPN.... and such like. Other than that I should be fine.

Im not taking the exam for any real purpose really, I already have the job I want without certs etc anyways 8)

Certifications: 070-290
    WIP: HND - 070-270