Blind ads?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by IT2009, Dec 8, 2009.

1. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

Have just got a look at IT Job Board and came accross job advert without any informationabout the company - just rec. agent. What do you think about blind ads? Could it be that job actually doesn't exist and it is the agent'y way to get clients?

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Probably - I just ignore them

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Dazimus

Dazimus Bit Poster

Aren't most IT jobs through recruitment agencies nowadays though?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST
  4. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

They are but most of them put the name of the company in their ad. This one didn't state which company they are advertising job for.

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Recruitment companies are full of Sales people, Sales people are sharks, they would sell their own grandmother....

They will often steal each others leads, thats why they get very funny about disclosing details. Unfortunately this also allows them an excuse to advertise jobs that don't even exist or continue to advertise filled positions in order to generate more leads through CV harvesting.

If you're out of a job you have little option but to run the gauntlet...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

:lol: classic

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

That felt it bit brutal Dmarsh... I'm a recruitment consultant I wouldn't sell my own Grandmother :rolleyes:
    We recruitment consultants do have to do these things in order for the company administration its just the way it works in recruitment.

But yes alot of vacancies often never were a "vacancy" in the first place and due to the large number of people looking for work! (Desperatley looking might I add) employers often tell me the will take on someone if the "right guy comes along"... so I hammer on and send over good CV's accordingly to the job spec, but now Ive realised its a big pile of bull**** when a company does say they might take on someone if the right guy comes along its generally an employer playing us for fools and wasting our time! in the end they say we no longer need someone and I'm sat there stabbing my desk with a pen saying "No Problem! don't worry about wasting endless hours of my time chasing round people and sending over CV's for this position you just have a good day sir"

We "recruitment consultants" are hated by alot of people/companies :( as Dmarsh explained in his earlier post.
    Most people wouldn't understand how amazingly bad the work has gone for recruitment consultants in this day and age.
    I hate my job as a recruitment consultant! the job just kinda landed in my lap randomly through a family member mind you.
    Extremley stressfull job with very little rewards... poor commision as companys aren't will to pay as much these days for good talented people.
    To summarize Recruitment consultants who recruit for the lower paid jobs £12000-£20000 IMHO provide a completey useless services in terms of what you get for your money from the employers perspective.

employers abuse this and offer peanuts looking for good talent. Saying that though I recentley had this guy I placed in Bridgwater who is starting on £7 p/hr working 7pm-7am 4 days a week :eek: normally in most companys they would apply a 33% shift allowance on top of the hourly rate, how ever the £7 p/hr is including the shift allowance :blink and thats working through out the whole night...:dry

I earn £6 p/hr working throughout the day for gods sake, money has become a huge issue in this day and age and this is what companies are doing to combat it.

We get funny about disclosing details about the vacancy so a candidate doesn't approach them direct instead of through us, if the candidate finds out where the vacancy is! well that makes the consultant obsolete in the process doesn't it :rolleyes:
    I recentley had the vacancy near by me working for an Anti-virus company as 1st line support, what the consultant didn't think, is that I would go to the length of looking for the company myself after he told me that they produced anti-virus software.
    Its a bit curel to the guy that perhaps looked hard speculatively to come across that vacancy but at the end of the day I am alot more likely to be a potential employee if that £1500-£3000 price tag is taken off my head.

Bit of a brain storm there so excuse any grammar mistakes :p and yes I do love to rant on a bit in my posts :biggrin

I hate the sales enviroment and I'm sure there are many others like me so give me a break Dmarsh and the 100's of other recrutiment consultants that hate there job, hell maybe even 1000's.

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  8. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I hear Estate Agents also find they have to work for their money now after making millions out of nothing for the last 10 years, my heart bleeds...

So you landed your job through nepotism and now you sit in judgement on others hopes and dreams ? :rolleyes:

Thats the low end sales jobs for you... some recruitment consultants pulled in £150k+ PA during the good years.

This does not seem to bother most low end agencies that charge a large percentage ensuring that the actual workers get minimum wage regardless of what the employer pays. They also run various schemes such as salary cheque cashing for a fee etc that penalise the most vulnerable members of our society...

As low end sales you are essentially unskilled, therefore the only bottom limit to your salary is the minimum wage. Your managers could pay you more but since you are expendable there is no reason for them too.

I'm glad you realise the true value add of your position ! :D Like all middle men you add no value just an extra link in the chain, more expense, more overhead.

So basically you have proven you have no scruples yet you expect people to think you have them and to act better themselves ? :dry

Your entire industry is worth millions, it is parasitic in nature, quit your job and go and do something that adds real value to society.

9. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

A lot of sales people are lame not all but a lot; and sales people who do a job which probably should not exist anyway are the worst.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  10. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

That post had an extreme ability to make me feel like a big pile of ****!

Thanks buddy!.., I'm not going for a sympathy vote.
    I'm expressing my opinion to everyone and you can stop shooting me with yours!

For your information I landed my job because I was out of work and it came along so
    LOGIC tells me, hmmm I don't have a job should I take the job... thats a hard one... YES!!!
    I had an unfair advantage over overs because of this relative, yes i did!, so is there something wrong
    that, I'm sure it happens alot everywhere all the time, you felt it neccesary to point a finger at me for that????

I didn't choose my job just like lots of people perhaps don't have there lives go according to plan and therefore end up in a job they don't particularly like.
    and I sit in judgement on others hopes and dreams ? YES I DO! how they end up after hard studying is inspiring, who are you to say I'm just staring at these hopes and dreams, I am studying at the moment!
    I have these on my WIP! I'm sure you can see!

I guess that is the best way to make me sound like a low life bottom feeder...
    I unfortunatley haven't been able to follow my own dreams yet through due to unforseen circumstances, things you don't choose to happen to you, they just happen to you! in my case losing a very close family member... so I just seemed to lose all motivation, its what tends to happen in life! things don't go to plan. I'm sure I don't need to explain that to you but needs to be emphasized here!.

I was stating at the end of my post "can you give me a break" as I get alot of crap from people on the phone from companys about how ridiculous the Idea of recruitment agency's are/saying how useless of a service I provide/telling me my job is useless.

I realise this Dmarsh, I don't need you to tell me this, this is why I am trying to get into IT hence why I regularly come on this forum.

I don't need you to tell me that my job is useless, I know the score I'm not stupid.
    So stop belittling me and express your opinion and leave it at that don't go to the extreme of being patronising towards me.

Thank god someone stated alot of sales people are lame not all but alot!!

Dmarsh you were referring to all sales people so it was a direct attack technically speaking on all sales people.
    If you didn't mean to refer to all sales people then accept my apoligies and just be careful on how others can perceive what you say, and we can end this... errrm... opinion war :D

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  11. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

As stated the reason alot of people hate recruitment consultants if because they are all out for themselves and dont care about the worker. If they actually listened and tried to get you a job where you advised them it might be better. Instead of shoving call centre jobs down people throat and then taking ridiculously large percentages of pay for doing it. People got jobs in the past perfectly fine without these agencies and thats how it should be.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP