Blackberry Enterprise Server

Discussion in 'Software' started by hippy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Kinda, when a user in our environment messes up and gets theree password wrong a few times, it wipes the device!

Once wipped they turn the phone on and go to Enterprise Activation here they enter in there Email Address and Activation Password (set by us in the BES). They click activate and it synchs all the emails, calendars etc.

The user then has to set there own password (a bit like a PIN for a normal phone) for the BlackBerry which is seperate from the Enterprise Activation.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Does the blackberry then associate to your enterprise by using the email address to get back to your BES over the celluar network/what have you and the activation code is for security as you do... all makes sense but didnt realise the user was forced to reset the pin as ive never had that with the blackberries at work when activating them by the webpage. Im guessing thats a policy your company has set?

3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Yep the BlackBerry associates the email address and the Enterprise Activation code against your account and you then get your emails etc.

Not sure about the part to reset the PIN, this is default every 30 days they are required to do it with a password complexity of:

- Min 5 characters
    - Symbol
    - Uppercase Letter
    - Number

Because the BES has been setup forever, I have never even looked at the GPO's on it, must be a policy somewhere that sets all this stuff up :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Yer there are policies in BES. The one at work is called IT policy and im guessing it disables the password complexity as ive never seen that PIN thing come up lol.

The Blackberry wiggles though the Celluar network etc... back to the BES by using the email address then. When i get the time at work i must read some more about BES... although i think its soon going to be moved to the exchange version :)