1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry 8520 Curve - battery problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mariusz, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

I bought first one in December, was fine for some time, then battery started to discharge after 2-3 hrs (without even using it) so bought another battery, was fine for a week,and then the same, couldn't even go to town, as when I was coming back the phone was off (not what you expect from mobile), so I claimed it and changed it onto another one (8520 as well), and was fine, battery could last for 2 days, so fair enough. but after some time it was only 1 day (I charge it on evening and after night battery is 85%) so after coming back home I had to charge it every single day, still fine as long as it can last day untill you travel somewhere. but suddenly the battery (same one) again can last 2 days - WTF? what is wrong with this phones? why can't I rely on it? its like having watch that sometimes shows proper time and sometimes not

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

8520's are cheap and not well built - i'd advise to go to something like the 8900 - much better phone.

We had a few 8520's on trial for work, and found them a bit crap.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

it was wireless that was "eating" so much battery, after switching the wi-fi off the phone can last 2-4 days

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Love that about phones.

"THIS PHONE HAS WIFI, but you can't use it cos it will drain your battery"

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud