Bickenhall College of Computing (BCOC) have gone bust!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Harry1, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Harry1

Harry1 New Member

BCOC are no longer operating.
    All students booked on their courses should contact LSCE for compensation, although I personally have attempted this and been told that there is little chance I will get a refund of my £1085.00.

So I would suggest that nobody books a course with LSCE who are closely connected with BCOC either.

2. vman

vman New Member

I am currently in the same situation that you are in, I have booked a course through LSCE and was due to start this Monday then I got an email yesterday saying the college has ceased operations. I have tried calling a couple of numbers but the phone just rings and rings and no-one answers. I have emailed the address as per the email but have yet to receive anything. Thankfully I have paid for the course through a credit card and might be covered through by the Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974, this is basically when you order something and if the retailer goes under, you can still claim your money back from the card company. I am going to have to try this, fingers crossed.

Like the previous post I too would suggest that nobody books a course with LSCE.

3. BCOC & LSCE VICTIM

BCOC & LSCE VICTIM New Member

Hello mate..

That's for the info.. I was victim myself and lost £1590 for both CCNA/MCITP. Just like yourself paid by my credit card.
    I wonder how did you go about claiming the charge back according to Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 clause.

Your reply would be truly appreciated. Thanks a lot

4. Chris51

Chris51 New Member

Hi Harry,

My name is Chris. My mother paid BCOC £5500 using her credit card to enroll me on a 2 year HND course which started in September. I enrolled at Baker Street & started at their Liverpool Street campus but was switched to City Road. I arrived at City Road in early October to find the college had closed. Nobody emailled me to warn of this & I have received no response to my emails to BCOC or LSCE. The credit card company require my mum to obtain proof that BCOC have closed down before they will consider wiping the debt. I understand you received confirmation from BCOC that they have closed, & was wondering if you would forward this to me in order to help my mum. Regards, Chris.

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well according to a Companies House WebCheck the company was dissolved back on the 13/08/2008. That should be adequate for the credit company to investigate further, as far as LCSE is concerned I am going on the assumption that this is LONDON SCHOOL OF COMPUTER EDUCATION LIMITED, if that's the case then they can be contacted via M E BALL & ASSOCIATES LTD of GLOBAL HOUSE, 1 ASHLEY AVENUE, EPSOM, SURREY, KT18 5AD or you can call them on 01372 822991, this company are their accountants and should have contact details for company directly.

Alternatively contact ActionFraud and open a case with them, explaining about the dissolvency of BCOC back in 2008 and them still trading and accepting payment (it's fraud).

Mods\Admins, all of the information here is readily available via Companies House or Google, no disputable actions were taken in finding or retrieving this information.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. Chris51

Chris51 New Member

Hi, my name is Chris and I'm in the same position as you except that I never received an email confirming the college had closed. My mum paid for my 2 year course with Bickenhall College of Computing using her credit card. She paid £5500 - no small sum. The credit card company want us to provide evidence that Bickenhall college closed in order to settle our dispute. Would you please send a copy of your email to my email address: willc021(at)rbwm.org

Many Thanks.

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Chris have you even bothered reading my reply directly above? It has all the information you need.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. viviii

viviii New Member

Please any one gets successfull infor about these schools should please tell as I called my bank and they've told me they can not handle issue over 120days, I called consumer direct, and they say they can not do any thing since they college is closed and no one to pursue. I sued them at counti claims court, but they didn't reply. Please help I need my money back. Thanks

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

With the best will in the world - your money has gone.

When a company goes bust, it's because they have run out of money. So they can't pay their staff, their rent, their bills etc.
    So they close up and go home.
    If by some miracle there is still someone there after all this time (working for free) then trying to take them to court is next to useless as even if you win THEY HAVE NO MONEY to refund you with.

Administrators may carve up what's left and try to get what they can for the company assets - but anything they get will be used to repay bank loans and settle invoices (the most important being the administrator's invoice...) Generally nothing gets left over to start handing out refunds.

Your only realistic chance is if you paid by credit card or some other scheme that has protection in the event of this kind of thing happening.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I agree with Jonny, especially since Bickenhall College of computing is a Limited company (guaranteed by its members who agree to pay a fixed amount in the event of the company's liquidation). In other words if they set up the company with each member guaranting £50, then that is what is there.

One of the common problems when dealing with a private training company.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Why on earth did you wait so long??? I mean you must have realised sooner than the 120 days that something was a miss?

12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Without being cruel, unfortunately it's a criteria of most people who sign up for a training provider.
    They think they are getting some kind of short-cut into the industry that doesn't involve any real work.
    They are so bowled over by promises that 'we'll do it all for you' and ultimately they have been attracted because they are fundimentaly lazy, that of course they don't actually pick up on pro-active stuff like is the TP delivering what they promised - or are they still in business.

Harsh, maybe - but somebody tell me I'm wrong...

13. itnerd

itnerd New Member

coincidence or what?
    Me and my mates lost our monies to the rogues Bickenhall and LCSE and SOMENONE NOTICED THESE 2 NEW COMPANIES THAT SUDDENLY POPPED UP IN THE LAST 2 months!!!
    Could they have come back in a different guise!!
    BCOC & ???
    1. CCNA courses London
    w.training-square.co.uk
    1. CCNA Training
    w.learning-solution.co.uk
    Call it a coincidence if you want but they really do have the same feel albeit in another guise.
    Anyone can confirm or dispute this???????

14. KM

KM New Member

Make sure you are very much aware of this bogus college, Bickenhall College of Computing which was in 126-134 Baker Street, First Floor, London, W1U 6UE was connected with London School of Computer Education, no longer exist.

Same college is operating under new name “Baker Street College Ltd”, with its new director appointed Mr David James Kohn and research from Company House register made me to find the information “company-director-check.co.uk/director/916507505”. I also called the new college and made any enquiry about the same course it sounds very promising but investing your hard earned money in bogus college like this has to be very much 24/7 alert scenario.

The services you get are very rude staff once you pay the course fees and don’t expect much quality from them and no certificate either. I have suffered the setback make sure you don’t!

15. David

David New Member

Hi itnerd, you are RIGHT

I am one of the student victims of BCOC ‘bogus’ college. :cry: It looks like what you have mentioned is right.

w.training-square.co.uk

w.learning-solution.co.uk

looks both are their new bogus company started recently to trap innocent students to cheat again & all students need to be very careful & the contact information for this 2 bogus site found to be. I am still trying to find out their other bogus colleges

training-square.co.uk

Company Detail
    Training Square London Ltd T/A Training Square
    29 Wilson Street,
    London, EC2M 2SJ,

Training Square London Ltd Registered Number: 07748709, is registered in England and Wales

Nearest Tube Station
    Liverpool Street Station.
    Moorgate Station

Contact by Telephone
    0207 256 2268
    0207 403 7080

Contact Address
    29 Wilson Street,
    London, EC2M 2SJ

Contact by Email
    info(at)training-square.co.uk

Customer Service
    simon(at)training-square.co.uk

Contact by Telephone
    Tel: 0207 403 7080

learning-solution.co.uk

Contact Address
    150-154 Borough High St
    London Bridge
    London SE1 1LB

Contact by Email

info(at)learning-solution.co.uk

16. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If you're going to post that on a public forum you might want te explain what you mean by 'bogus' and how you arrived at your deductions...

17. melakk

melakk New Member

i had a free time to go to the collage, the new admin of the new collage told me that he doesn't know anything about bcoc and he can only give me their email address, but on my way out i saw a guy that i could recognize him because he helped me when i did the enrollment. i wanted to ask him and say hello but the new admin guy said i can not even say hello to him and i have to leave the premises which had to insist to talk the guy, the owner called a police and we had a big argument, anyway, the police told me to go to citizen advice bureau.

today i went to citizen advice bureau, they said they can not help me much but they gave me some numbers, to call and ask if the company is still existing or not.

i called to those numbers given to me by citizen advice bureau, 08456029848, 03031234500, 08454040506,

after long investigation i could find out the company (bcoc) is closed in 2009 but it is now active under a compay name Europe Academy Ltd BCOC Registered Number: 07722274, 79 Goldhawk road, London, W12 8EG.

in my opinion we have to get back out money or some compensation, we should even have a letter by now explaining what is happening since the collage is existing somehow.

18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It doesn't really work like that.
    You are correct that if you are owed money or services then you should have received a letter or notification of some kind. However, if you paid in full for a course and their records show that the training material has been sent out or whatever, it may not be apparent that you are owed anything.

If a half decent company is heading down the slippery slope they may attempt to notify customers and make provisions for some kind of handover. There are a couple of problems with this - sending a letter to a few thousand customers telling them that they are going to lose their money is just walking into a fight. Combine this with the fact that the staff sending the letters and answering the phones and doing the fighting have just been told that they won't get paid this month and it's really a no-win situation.

Look at it from the employee's side. He's lost his job and some money. If he has managed to secure employment with a successor of a company, which may have nothing to do with the original, the last thing he needs is irate ex-customers coming and having a pop at him.

If the company went into administration, then the administrators would have sent out a letter, assuming as mentioned that they could identify existing customers.

But the bottom line is, you won't get any money back because THERE ISN'T ANY.
    That's why businesses go bust.
    They don't fold with a few million in the bank and say 'we'd better give all this back before we go'.
    Not in the real world.

19. Samwise

Samwise New Member

Mr David James Kohn was principal of the Bikenhall college, he is elderly gentelmen, I was introduced to him when I was a student there in 2008. they are also linked to london-college.com

- - - Updated - - -

If you do a who is check for both the domains you get the same details.

Registrant:
    Shailen

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    29 Wilson Street
    London
    London
    EC2M 2SJ
    United Kingdom

Cheers,

Sam

20. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Always use a credit card where possible as you are protected against things like this.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP