Bickenhall College of Computing and London School of Computer Education

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Tim1976, May 8, 2007.

1. Tim1976

Tim1976 New Member

Hi everyone

I'm planning on starting A+ and was wondering if anyone has been to or hear anything about Bickenhall College of Computing (http://www.bcoc.co.uk/) and London School of Computer Education (http://www.lsce.co.uk). Both are about £600 for a 6 week course which includes course materials and mock exams. Not too sure which one to go to, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

2. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

£600 is a lot for a 6 week course, how many hours a week?
    Does this include both exam fee’s, registration & books to study with??

You will find that a lot of Colleges in the UK now run PC Maintenance Courses that lead to CompTIA A+ and normally take 1 or 2 terms to do, cost roughly under £250.

Also some colleges also offer Cisco IT Essentials I.
    IT Essentials I will cost you roughly from £190 to £252. Add a good A+ Book like ExamCram2 A+ 2 Ed @ £24.99.

I have found that most local colleges offer the added services of being able to use college pc's to study on & also subject library books.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  3. combrincks

combrincks New Member

I've heard of them and, against the advice of two of my colleagues who have also been with them, I decided to enroll for a course.

Both of my colleagues came from overseas to 'Study in London' but in turn got poor service overall. On the first day I got in there, I could see what they mean. For LSCE it is only about getting students in and taking their money.

My advice is to study at home even if it means paying a bit more to get your own training kit. The amount of money you are going to spend at LSCE will get you nothing. Well, actually, you might get a TestKing exam from the trainer to ensure you can pass the exam to compensate for his incompetence.

LSCE is not worth it.

4. jake77

jake77 Bit Poster

Hello, if your doing the a+ then the best method is to self study, which you can do for very low cost with a text book and using Professor Messer's Free 220-70x CompTIA A+ Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training

£600 is a hell of alot for something you can do for about £150 on your own, or if you need structure I know a guy that offers the course for £300, with text books mock exams ect.

The great thing about self studying is that you can study when you want, also you can do as little as an hour a day.

Certifications: 50m swimming certificate
    WIP: No cert, I'm an apprentice.