Bickenhall College - London

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Affirmation, May 23, 2006.

1. Affirmation

Affirmation Bit Poster

hey guys,

anyone from England who has taken any courses at Bickenhall College? They're based somewhere near Baker Street TS in London.

Thanks again.

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

have you considered self-study? Read this

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Affirmation

Affirmation Bit Poster

Hello Zimbo,

This is an amazing post, thanks very much. You've boosted my confidence with this and self-study will probably be my choice.

All the best to you and good luck.

4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

good luck to you mate. *anything* can be learnt self-study mate - just get the books and hardware you need and away you go! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

I hope that all goes well with your studies.

But please, if price is the only thing that is swaying your head, you may want to reconsider. For instance the local tech in our area is a Microsoft Centre, a CISCO Centre and a Vue testing centre.

To do all 7 modules for the MCSE the cost is £2054*, this includes tutition, books and the exam voucher. Plus you get to work in a group of people.

For the MCDST it is £391*, again includes tutition, books and the exam voucher. Plus you get to work in a group of people.

Don't forget that unless you know your stuff there is also the possibility that you'll may fail an exam. If you self study you will have to dish out the full £88 (plus VAT, depending on what testing centre that may be up to £120) again, however if you go thru a college that is also a centre, you could get an exam voucher anywhere from: £30 - £60 (depending on what exam).

Do not take it that I disagree with self-study - I don't, half my certs were attained thru self-study. What I do mean is that self-study isn't for everyone, just be aware of hidden costs.

Which-ever method you choose, hope you do well.

-Ken

*prices are correct at time of typing :biggrin

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security